INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New feature: "Weighed" playlist  (Read 763 times)

Smoothwalker

• Recent member
New feature: "Weighed" playlist
« on: May 17, 2008, 02:27:13 am »

Hi,

I am a totally enthusiastic user J River Media Center, but there's a feature, I truly miss on a daily basis: A "weighed playlist", i.e. a playlist in which higher rated files are (automatically) played more frequently than lower rated ones. After having rated my entire library with so much effort, I simply want to listen to my favourite songs more frequently when just putting them in a big "playlist box".

The implementation of such functionality I consider quite tricky since there can be two strategies:
a) Indicating relative percentages of times for the various ratings (e.g. 50% of an hour shall be player ***** rating, 30% of the time **** rating, 20% of the time *** rating, at no time play ** and * rating)
b) Indicating relative number of plays for the various ratings (e.g. play ***** rating 5 times, **** rating 3 times, *** rating 1 time, at no time play ** and * rating)

In either case, I would like to be able to declare that I do not want a repetition of the same artist, album, etc. for X songs. Furthermore, I would expect that every song (which I did not refuse to play at all through its rating) is played at least once. To makes this possible, higher rated songs may be played several times, if necessary, to realize my desired settings.

I would be most happy to find such functionality in a future version of J River Media Center. You can actually find that functionality in iTunes already. I would be glad to hear about your opinion about this feature and the feasibility for implementation.

Cheers

Daniel
Pages: [1]   Go Up