INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Portable question (for Steve?)  (Read 556 times)

Crowfan

Portable question (for Steve?)
« on: July 31, 2002, 08:31:59 pm »

Hey

I recently posted a thread called "I know this has been asked before..." but all I got were some rude responses and a suggestion that I make a thread to your attention.  I own a Lyra, and I download music to it via an external CompactFlash reader (in a USB port).  I noticed that two new plugins were added recently: "Thomson" and "Portable Drive".  Since Thomson owns RCA, and since I connect through a portable drive (that looks much like the one in the picture), I thought that maybe I could finally download music to my Lyra through Media Jukebox.  Is this true?

I also called RCA and asked them to please cooperate with you guys and send the SDK.  I don't know that it will do anything, but I tried.

Thanks

Steve

RE:Portable question (for Steve?)
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2002, 05:56:34 am »

Crowfan,

Sorry for not catching your post before, sometimes a post with a general subject line can slip through the cracks.

The Portable Drive Plug-in has been there for a while, don't be confused by the "date added", that just refers to when the last build of the Plug-in was updated. In regards to the Portable Drive Plug-in, this will allow all Portables that can be detected as Removable or Fixed drives to be detected by MJ. As I recall, the Lyra does not appear this way so this will not help. (You can verify this with your Lyra by looking under "My Computer" to see if a new drive letter appears when you connect your Lyra).

The Thomson Plug-in is new, but was submitted by someone who we do not know. As far as I can tell, it does not work. I have emailed the person who posted it and have not been able to understand what is going on with this. The Plug-in has since been removed.

All of this is not very helpful to you getting your Lyra connected. We have tried contacting Thomson / RCA many times and they appear disinterested in working with us. Thank you for contacting them on our behalf. If you receive any positive feedback from anyone there, please drop me an email (steve @ jriver.com) and I will pursue them relentlessly.

Thanks again.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up