INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Feature Request [specific time top hits list]... mabe in Media Center 13?  (Read 1538 times)

Vali Mihai

• Recent member

I am a big fun of MC [since Media JukeBox 8]. I think that is the best music player in the world and the way it handles the media library it is absolute terrific.

A great future in the next build will be a specific top hits list. The actual TOP HITS list makes a list with the most played songs of all times [since the creation of the media library]. It will be absolute a great and very cool option if MC will introduce a specific time TOP HITS lits, that will work simultaneous with usual TOP HITS list. What means this: the specific time TOP HITS list should to create the list with the most played songs - let's say in the last week, in the last month, etc. and to not be affected by the usual TOP HITS list - most played [all time - since the start of the library]. Also the usual TOP HITS list should not be affect the SPECIFIC TIME TOP HITS list and both lists run separately. Of course each played song, should be counted normally in usual TOP HITS list.

If a song has 7 plays since the start of the library and 3 plays in a specific week; at the end of the specific week that song should be counted in usual TOP HITS list with 10 plays - and in the specific most played in last week (our example) just the 3 plays.
In this way certainly MEDIA CENTER will be more appreciate and the difference from the others media players increase.

I'm waiting for opinions. Would uyo like something like this? It will be useful for you?
Thanks.

MarkCoutinho

• Citizen of the Universe

Can't you do this by building a smartlist yourself? Looks like that should be possible. Maybe one of the Smartlist-'nerds' can help you out on this one?
Mark Coutinho
Dutch Top 40 collector of lyrics, sleeves and bios

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Currently we store a last played date, and a number of plays and skips.

To support what you're saying, we would need to store a list of every date a file was ever played or skipped.  I kind of like the idea, but it's a bit high-end / propeller-headed.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Vali Mihai

• Recent member

I already tried to build a smartlist. With no results. But now I know why...  :'(.

Mat said: "Currently we store a last played date, and a number of plays and skips. To support what you're saying, we would need to store a list of every date a file was ever played or skipped."

:'(

However, I hope that someday MEDIA CENTER will have such a feature. I don't know if this option will slow the program. That it could be a problem and a reason to not integrate this in MC. I can understand this. But if it's not too complicated and do not affect the performances... like I said...: it will be a very cool and unique feature.

Thanks for great support Matt!  :)

gappie

great idea vali.. i would love it.
after this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=41419.0
i programmed a bit in mc to get a relative number plays and it works (differently then in that thread), but your idea gives more possebilities.

:)
gab

mark_h

• MC Beta Team

This is what scrobbling to LastFM gives you?  Top tracks over various time frames?

But yes, I'd love to have the power to generate my own charts like this within MC.

Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up