INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote domination by MC ?  (Read 2676 times)

Araj

• World Citizen
Remote domination by MC ?
« on: May 27, 2008, 06:53:24 am »

I gave up waiting for possible DVB-S support in MC and grabbed DVBViewer to handle TV in my HTPC.

What is really strange is that MC and DVBV "share" the remote that was bundled with my Hauppauge HVR-4000 tuner card. When I say share, I mean the two apps seem to have divided up the buttons between them so that each of the buttons runs in one app only.

For example, the play, stop and pause buttons don't do anything in DVBV but work perfectly in MC although I didn't do anything to associate MC with the Hauppauge remote driver commands. On the other hand, if I'm in MC and then press TV on the remote, it happily opens DVBV viewer, where other buttons which don't work in MC, like Menu for example, work fine.

Is it possible that MC has somehow grabbed the necessary remote buttons for itself exclusively and that's why they don't work in DVBV even if MC isn't running ?!?

Araj

• World Citizen
Re: Remote domination by MC ?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 01:57:06 am »

Don't all shout at once  ;-)

I've got it sorted now. The remote driver has "default mappings to drive apps that use APPCOMMANDS on Win2000/XP" and these appcommands are apparently used by MC.

MC isn't grabbing these commands for itself, it was just an unfortunate coincidence that they were exactly the ones that weren't mapped correctly in DVBViewer.

DVBV is now working fine with the remote. Next project: MC Theater View with the same remote, wish me luck...
Pages: [1]   Go Up