INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art display missing since latest upgrade  (Read 1804 times)

kewe65

• World Citizen
Cover art display missing since latest upgrade
« on: May 22, 2008, 12:38:44 pm »

Since upgrading to the latest MC version, cover art does not display for all files that are not .Mxx type.  All FLAC files, for instance.

its not that the art is not there, and the new look up tool will find it, but not attach it.  im assuming that this is because the application sees that its already there.

and when i import/rip new music, i can assign the album art and it will display in the smartlist - "recently ripped".  but when i go to the library to browse, its not displayed.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Cover art display missing since latest upgrade
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 12:49:48 pm »

Newer versions come with FLAC decoder and encoder plug-ins.  Make sure you're not installing the old ones.

kewe65

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 05:28:38 pm »

not sure i understand that completely.  i'm not installing FLAC encoders/decoders, im only installing the latest version of media center.

should i uninstall the FLAC and then reinstall MC?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 06:02:50 pm »

No.  You could try re-installing MC.  But I don't know what the problem is.

kewe65

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 06:49:07 pm »

the problem is with the cover art - it does not display in any of the library views, even though it's there.  it *used* to display for all the music in the library.

file types .mp3 and .flac are not showing the art, but it is in the cover art folder.  the file location is pointing to the correct cover art folder.

and, when in the Playing Now view, the art is displayed in the upper pane, but NOT in the list view below it

and the art is displayed in Theater View as well.   just not when browsing the entire library from clicking Audio.

kewe65

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 03:30:54 pm »

Just to see if it was related to a different FLAC plug-in, I uninstalled the dbpoweramp FLAC plug-in that i had for a different application, and then reinstalled MC.

Didn't fix the problem - still no cover art thumbnails displayed in the list views for .MP3 or .FLAC.  UPDATE: no cover art displayed in Theater View (i thought it was displaying, but its not).

The only place it displays is in the Playing Now view, upper pane where that pane is configured to display the art.  The list view below does not show the thumbnails.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 03:34:25 pm »

Try erasing all thumbnails in Options > Tree & View
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

kewe65

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 11:28:47 am »

That did the trick!  Thanks.

Can you shed some light on what is happening here that leads to a situation where "erasing all thumbnails..." is the answer?

Try erasing all thumbnails in Options > Tree & View

JONCAT

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 01:13:02 pm »

Matt - quick question for users leery of re-building. What happens to video thumbs that have to be stored in the database in this erase all situation. they just get pulled from the file that was written to disk? What if that option is disabled and no folder.jpg etc. exists?

Would MC benefit from having a user defined option to dictate audio, video, or all thumb rebuilt?

thanks
DC
Pages: [1]   Go Up