INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Color is off  (Read 1260 times)

thurston

• World Citizen
Video Color is off
« on: May 31, 2008, 09:29:58 am »

When I play a video in MC12 the color is way off.  It's hard to describe, but the reds are very bold and almost orange, while other colors are faded.  I played the same video in Nero and it looks fine so I think it might be some settings in MC I can adjust.  Any ideas?
Thanks

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Video Color is off
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 08:17:20 pm »

What type of video?

If they are in formats played in DirectShow, the color can be adjusted. Maybe you accidentally/unknowingly changed the color? Try using different video renderers and adjusting the colors (using OSD menu for example). Note that the color controls are renderer-specific.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 09:07:26 am »

When I play a video in MC12 the color is way off.  It's hard to describe, but the reds are very bold and almost orange, while other colors are faded.  I played the same video in Nero and it looks fine so I think it might be some settings in MC I can adjust.  Any ideas?
Thanks

With certain renderer/codec types, any deviation in brightness, hue, saturation from the default 50% results in screwed up picture like you describe above. In display view, hit the down arrow repeatedly until you come to the picture controls. Ensure that they're all at the default settings. This might not be your problem, but I certainly noticed this type of effect with VMR9 and most/all x264 encoded mkv files.

thurston

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 12:26:03 pm »

Thanks guys.

The video is a DVD rip.

I checked the Saturation, Hue, Contrast, etc and adjusted all to 50%.  This changed the look of it but it is still wrong.  Now reds look purple and the other colors are still very muted.  I right-clicked during play to get the filters used.  They are:
-Default Direct Sound Device
-Video Mixing Renderer 9
-ffdshow Audio Decoder
-Nero Video Decoder
-DVD Navigator

When played with Nero Showtime the color looks perfect.  I also just noticed that the quality/resolution of the DVD Menu for the video is far poorer in MC12 compared to Nero Showtime.

I'm sure this must be a filter/renderer issue.  Any suggestions?

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 12:30:29 pm »

You could try ffdshow video decoder instead of Nero.
Pages: [1]   Go Up