INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: .dts playback  (Read 936 times)

LBWood

• Recent member
.dts playback
« on: June 04, 2008, 09:12:02 pm »

I've read the other postings on this topic and have mostly just come away confused.

What I want to do is to use Media Center to play .dts files that I have ripped from a DVD to my hard disk. I want Media Center to do the decoding and playback, NOT pass the bits through to a receiver. It took all of about 10 minutes to download and install fooBar2000 and the DTS plugin for fooBar. It works well. So well, in fact, that when I try to open a .dts file in MC, it starts up fooBar2000 and uses that to play it.

I certainly appreciate fooBar2000's features (it will even convert .dts to other formats), but MC is my favourite media player and I would like an all-MC solution.

I'd like to hear from anyone who has gotten .dts playback to work.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: .dts playback
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 12:18:50 pm »

You need to have a parser filter and a decoder filter that can handle dts files.

Please read this thread.

You can use AC3File filter (link provided by Alex in the above thread) for parser filter, and AC3Filter or FFDShow for decoder filter.

Also check out DTS WAVE wiki  (in case your files are dts wave files) and DirectShow Playback Guide.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

LBWood

• Recent member
Re: .dts playback
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 09:33:09 am »

I saw that other message and thought I tried it. I must have done something different this time. I have it playing now. I still don't really understand the Direct Show Playback Options dialog, but I guess I've checked the right boxes.

Thank you for your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up