INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [FEATURE REQUEST] Window Behaviour (System Tray & Always on Top)  (Read 1534 times)

ubernode54

• Junior Woodchuck

Two things I miss in this program that I love in most:

a) The ability to stick MC to the system tray and keep it there always, not only when minimized;

b) The ability to keep the window Always On Top of other windows. i.e. I like the mini, transparent view when I'm working on a dual-monitor, extended desktop display.

Would it be possible to implement these sometime in the future?

Thanks,
Steve

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Window Behaviour (System Tray & Always on Top)
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 08:52:17 am »

b) The ability to keep the window Always On Top of other windows. i.e. I like the mini, transparent view when I'm working on a dual-monitor, extended desktop display.

you mean that you would like the always on top feature in mini display? some of the minis do have that option. rightclick on the mini and choose always on top.

:)
gab

ubernode54

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 08:53:57 am »

Yes, that's right. I want to keep the mini display always on top of other application windows.

The default noire skin does not have this option.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 11:26:43 am »

The default noire skin does not have this option.
Correct, but if you choose one of the other skins that does have the option and enable it, then when you switch back to Noire, you will find that it honours the 'always on top' setting.

I'm not quite sure what you want from the system tray thing, but, if you enable the MC setting to minimise to tray, then set a windows shortcut to MC to start minimised, then I think you will realise your goal.

To achieve that, right click on the MC shortcut and choose properties.
On the shortcut tab, you should see a field called "Run:" that will be set to "Normal Window"
Change that to Minimised and hit OK.

-marko.

bugmenot

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 04:02:46 pm »

I'm on Vista X64 & Server 2008 X64 I use noire as skin. In Mini In mini view I can go to Player>Display Options>Display Settings Detached window Always on Top.

Isn't that meaning that MC should be always on top when not in full screen... Maybe it means that popup windows internal to MC will be always on top in MC, but if it's the case it's confusing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up