INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.512 'Tag' again.  (Read 1195 times)

johnpapkones

• Junior Woodchuck
Media Center 12.0.512 'Tag' again.
« on: June 09, 2008, 11:40:42 am »

Explaining the problem with tags :
- I choose 'Tag' from 'Action Window' in the left of the screen..
- I choose one song from library (left side of screen) in which i want to change for example the 'Genre'.
- I'm choosing the field 'Genre' from the 'Tag' and the fields opening. I choose 'match code' and i see the list with all the 'Genres'. In the older versions when i started to wrote a letter for example 'k' into the field, this rolls down and it brings me the 'Genres' starting from 'k'. This happened with all the fields from 'Tag' and also in all the fields of colums of library. Now when i open a field and type a letter the list doesn't roll.
And yes i'm running on a local drive with only one copy running (with 92454 files, for that is the reason that is important to me, because when i want to write for example, the name of one artist i type the first letter and i choose him from the list. In this way i am sure that the name of a specific artist has written the same, or the genre etc. I have used this standardization for the 90% of my library with the help of Media Center).
I remind you that at the version .497 'Tag' works perfectly.

I hope, i give to you to understand the problem.

Also :
- When i use the 'Slit View' with 2 views parallel the program fells down (i noticed that happened after when i have used 'Rename Move & Copy Files..').
- I can't save the desired sorting at 'Customize current view \ sorting \ preset \ save (i save it but when i close the programme it losted). I've already noticed this from previous version.
- At The Tag when i open the playlists it's always expanded at the 'Imported Playlists'. I've already noticed this from previous version.
- When it search from 'auto-importing files' at the end informed me that 'for example, 4 files doesn't imported at the library'. How can i find them?

P.S.: I don't know how to put an icon here.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Media Center 12.0.512 problem with 'Tag'.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 02:56:48 pm »

I can't reproduce this.

I type "Bob D" in the artist box and it fills in the "ylan" for me.  If I press enter, it becomes "Bob Dylan".

If I open the list after typing Bob D, it has scrolled to show the B values.

If I _only_ type B, it doesn't scroll.  Is this the issue?  In this case, if you open the list then press B, it will scroll.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Media Center 12.0.512 problem with 'Tag'.
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 03:44:25 pm »

I can't save the desired sorting at 'Customize current view \ sorting \ preset \ save (i save it but when i close the programme it losted). I've already noticed this from previous version.

I can confirm this. A saved sorting preset disappears. It is not there when the preset list is opened the next time.

This happens only in the "Customize Current View" window. A sorting preset appears to be saved correctly in the view scheme options window.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

johnpapkones

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Media Center 12.0.512 could you answer me if you'll see it?
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 04:38:12 am »

I can't reproduce this.

I type "Bob D" in the artist box and it fills in the "ylan" for me.  If I press enter, it becomes "Bob Dylan".

If I open the list after typing Bob D, it has scrolled to show the B values.

If I _only_ type B, it doesn't scroll.  Is this the issue?  In this case, if you open the list then press B, it will scroll.

You have right, the list at the artist box works (in english and greeks) but doesn't work at the genre in greeks (it worked at older versions) and occasionally the program fels down when i use greeks.
Also i noticed that when i type a text (in every field) the normal rules haven't effect.
Can you see it?
Pages: [1]   Go Up