INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC12 Crash syncing iPod  (Read 1006 times)

davisford

• World Citizen
MC12 Crash syncing iPod
« on: June 09, 2008, 04:59:40 pm »

Hi, I got my Dad using MC12, and he's been happily using it for a year or so now, but lately, he's been having some issues.  He's remote from me, so I've been trying to help him resolve this problem via phone and VNC, but I thought I would post here...any ideas/help appreciated.

He's got a WinXP SP2 box with a single C:\Music folder that contains about 30GB of MP3.  For whatever reason, his 80GB iPod had an issue, and he had to restore it.  He did that, and then setup MC12 to sync his whole music collection with the iPod.  He tried several times to do this w/o success.  The sync would start and process for an hour or so, and then MC would hang.  If he inspected the iPod later, it showed only a partial sync.

So, I setup VNC over VPN so I could look at his computer.  I re-installed the latest iTunes (today)...and then re-stored the iPod with the latest software / factory settings.

Then I downloaded the latest MC 12.0.512 and installed that.  Then we plugged the iPod in and it started the sync.  We could see in the MC12 sync window as each file was being transferred, so we left it alone (takes a while for 30GB).  He called me an hour later and said MC12 just crashed on its own (disappeared).  Inspecting the iPod, it showed only 2 songs had been transferred. 

We fired up iTunes, and it showed only 2 songs.  Navigating the iPod menu on the device itself showed only two songs...although when we started the sync, we watched MC12 say it uploaded well over 100 songs before we stopped paying attention.

So, right now he's using iTunes to try to sync his whole music collection with the device -- but this sucks, b/c iTunes sucks.  We want to get MC sync working again.

Happy to try whatever to help debug this or get it to work or improve the software.  Please let us know what we can do.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC12 Crash syncing iPod
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 06:30:13 pm »

Posting the tail of a log (Help > Logging) that shows the crash would help.  (or better yet, email it to rick at jriver dot com)

Is it possible he has a hardware problem, like bad memory?  Also, is there any conversion happening?  Is disk space running low?

This isn't something we hear often.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

djones6010

• Recent member
Re: MC12 Crash syncing iPod
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 11:08:17 pm »

Looking for answers on this one too.  Am using the full (free) version of Jukebox and the trial version of MC12 and both cases same thing:  drag/drop files to send to ipod but once the transfer button is selected, Juke/MC12 goes away on its own.  I read the post about the log but all are listed as empty with no incidents to report. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up