INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 12 Freezes up over Wireless LAN  (Read 814 times)

richspicko

• Recent member
MC 12 Freezes up over Wireless LAN
« on: June 09, 2008, 07:03:06 pm »

Hello - Hopefully one of you gurus can help me out...  I searched around a bit and didn't find an answer.  Could be I've just got something set up/configured wrong.

- Running XP SP2 - MC 12.0.487 on main PC.  Sharing the drive that has my library and media on it.
 - Running laptop w/ Vista - MC 12.0.487 and mapping to the shared drive over a wireless network

1) When I'm using my laptop my librbary looks fine, I can see everything.  I can play a song fine.  While playing, if I try to bring up the DSP studio, MC just locks up.  Music continues to play, but MC is totally unresponsive.  (not sure but I think I get the same lock up when I try other things during playback).

2) Also, perhaps unrealted and I have to confirm this, but I think I get an error whenever I try to update the library from the laptop.  Something to the effect of "library locked by another user".  MC not running on main PC, sharing is set up with write access.

Any thoughts?  Rookie mistake?

Thanks in advance
Rich

richspicko

• Recent member
Re: MC 12 Freezes up over Wireless LAN
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 12:21:31 pm »

Anyone?  This must be something pretty basic......

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC 12 Freezes up over Wireless LAN
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 12:38:30 pm »

Drive or network driver problems could explain this, but you could try the newest version from the top of this board.
Pages: [1]   Go Up