INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4 Instances of MC - How to start playing all of them simultaneously  (Read 918 times)

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen

I have an album (Zaireeka, by The Flaming Lips) that is kind of odd. It is a 4 disk set but each album contains the same songs. To listen to the album as it was meant to be heard, you are supposed to start the album on each disk and have them all play and they mesh together to make a really unique sounding album. I have not been able to do this with MC yet as I can't send a play command to all 4 instances of the program at once.

e-head

• World Citizen
Re: 4 Instances of MC - How to start playing all of them simultaneously
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 01:34:30 pm »

I have the same album. It's not intended to be exact. Each listen will be slightly different.

I'd recommend putting them all in the mini-mode and lining them up right next to each other, then just hitting the 4 play buttons as fast as you can.

Frobozz

• Citizen of the Universe
  • There is a small mailbox here.
Re: 4 Instances of MC - How to start playing all of them simultaneously
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 05:50:31 pm »

Interesting idea for an album.

An alternative method to play it would be to use an audio editing program like Audacity.  Import each CD as a separate stereo track and start them all at once.  You'll be able to adjust panning for each track and volume for each track.

Rip each CD as a single WAV (so that all 8 tracks are a single WAV file).  Then import each into Audacity.  WAV files are best for Audacity.  If you use MP3 you'll end up with mono tracks rather than stereo.  WAV files will give you stereo.
Pages: [1]   Go Up