INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creating New Films View  (Read 1859 times)

Mr ChriZ

• Citizen of the Universe
  • :-D
Creating New Films View
« on: June 14, 2008, 02:52:37 pm »

I'm creating a new root level view in my library as can be seen in the screenshot.

http://img32.picoodle.com/img/img32/4/6/14/f_Filmsm_130eb5f.png

I've pointed it to show only media in my Films directory.
How do I stop it showing multiples like it's showing here.

Also there I've found a .  While on this view, if I right click on the video view and select
Edit View, it actually edits the 'Films' View.

Mr ChriZ

Re: Creating New Films View
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 07:37:37 am »

Some progress
http://img32.picoodle.com/img/img32/4/6/15/f_Films2m_f24d11e.png

Screenshot shows filters...
I've also changed the first view item to be Name.

Mr ChriZ

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 06:03:53 am »

I'm still not getting this work properly.
How does everyone else have their film views setup?

Mr ChriZ

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 10:17:07 am »

Hmm...
So does no one else actually use MC to catalog films?

galahad1974

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 11:40:37 pm »

I use the genre tag to defferentiate type of video (TV, Movie, High Def Movie,High Def TV, Music Video, etc...). I use a custom tag "Quality" to indicate well.... quality (DVD rip, TV rip, Download, codecs and so on), i Use a cusotm field of ContentGenre that is a list to group by ... well... genre of the video, allowing me to select multiples for each film (Action, scifi, horror, etc..... ) and i have a customer field called viewed that I have set as "Yes or No" that allows me to list what i hvent seen yet, Between those i can pretty much look at a view of whatever sorted group want, Make smamging a huge group of files pretty Straightforward.

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 12:18:19 am »

Hmm...
So does no one else actually use MC to catalog films?

Of course! BUT unfortunately I lack the hard drive space to store DVD files locally, so most of mine are single file rips, which means I don't get the "multiple entries" problem you mentioned. Although I do recall at times in the past, I did notice duplicate entries when importing ripped DVD files... this must still be an issue :(

As far as how to create your view goes, it really all depends on what you want to show :) I have a dedicated [Movie] field and other custom fields for Genres, Themes, Tones, Synopsis, Review etc. These were mostly pulled from AMG. Here's a screenshot of my setup if it's of any interest to you: http://www.pix01.com/gallery/7E547B99-5004-478D-A4AC-37AD672F51A4/Film_Setup/bigpage.html?image=810419560_orig0.jpg

I have some other views for specific things like actors/directors, themes etc, but I'm still in the process of figuring out how I'm going to view my movies as well :) So it's a work in progress!

Mr ChriZ

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 03:41:34 am »

Thanks for the replies, may have more questions soon!

221bBS

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 03:56:03 pm »

I was wondering if you could use the "stack" command to group the files together?

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 07:43:24 pm »

For what its worth, I've created a new field (Subgenre) to store Action/ Comedy etc. in, so my root view drills down like this:
Subgenre (I use Genre for the base level filtering)==> Artist (This basically stores the series/ continuity etc. & sometimes things like the animation studio)==> Series (Final grouping, not always used; depends on the nature of the files)

I'd personally consider using a container format for all your rips, although this depends on how important the menus and extras are to you.

-Leezer-
Pages: [1]   Go Up