INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ViXS Pure TV-U48B0 Vista MCE no signal MC12 worked 1 time then froze  (Read 4835 times)

justpidlin

I know very little about hardware, software, or standard protocols.  Bought a new HP Pavilion computer and monitor with a TV tuner (subject line) card that picked up "no signal from my basic Time Warner cable.  Called and messaged HP dozens of times and found only people reading a script who knew nothing about fixing the problem, only how to say, "It's something your cable company has to fix for you."  But running the PC Doctor software, I could plainly see crystal clear pictures while it was scanning the "no signal."  Figured maybe the software was the problem, so I asked my son to see if he could find some kind of software to manually operate the card without MCE.  He found and downloaded this trial J River MC12, ran the setup and the tuner worked perfectly. The next day I tried it and every time I clicked options or watch tv, the system went into permanent wait mode.  Read a few related posts that indicated there might be some other program interfering with MC12.  I don't know how to check this.  Sorry if this is a lame post, but I'm a rookie. Any help appreciated.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: ViXS Pure TV-U48B0 Vista MCE no signal MC12 worked 1 time then froze
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 04:40:52 pm »

Try resetting:

Start Media Center 12. Goto Tools -> Options -> Playback -> TV Tuner -> Reset TV...

Then click OK to dismiss the Options window.

Now go to Drives & Devices and select TV Tuner. Click Options button.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

justpidlin

Re: ViXS Pure TV-U48B0 Vista MCE no signal MC12 worked 1 time then froze
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 05:43:48 pm »

Thanks. Will do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up