INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LastFM plugin vs. PlayingNow Audioscrobbler  (Read 1629 times)

JONCAT

LastFM plugin vs. PlayingNow Audioscrobbler
« on: June 19, 2008, 03:05:06 pm »

What's the preferred method? I have the Last FM plugin but if PN feature works, I'd like to use as few plugins as possible.

DC

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: LastFM plugin vs. PlayingNow Audioscrobbler
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 01:09:16 am »

I turned it off in playingnow and switched to the built-in last.fm plugin for the simple reason that there are still one or two bugs in the playingnow plugin, mostly related to some song name handling issues...

Developement work on playingnow has stopped, publically, at least, since JRiver acquired the source code, so it's fair to assume these things will not be fixed.

Rhino is good at what he does though, and I've never had any problems with the built-in last.fm plugin. (some people have reported the plugin getting stuck in "active when visible" mode, but if you do bump into that, it's easy to fix)
I'd recommend disabling that particular playingnow functionality and switching over to the MC supplied solution. At least that way, if you are still having issues, there's a chance they'll be fixed.

-marko.

JONCAT

Re: LastFM plugin vs. PlayingNow Audioscrobbler
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 11:24:28 am »

Thanks for the input. I was not having good luck with the LastFM plugin in Mc. I probably need an update or a review of the link you provided. The Playing Now option has been working so far, but I'll try to use the built-in MC version.

DC
Pages: [1]   Go Up