INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EXIF-Information lost when resizing images  (Read 1277 times)

micha

EXIF-Information lost when resizing images
« on: June 21, 2008, 08:27:54 am »

Hi,
after resizing a photo (jpg) within MC (12.0.515) all EXIF-tags are lost, only the IPTC-tags remain. When I try to send photos by e-mail and choose to resize them, ALL tags (including IPTC) are gone. Especially when sending photos by e-mail the lost of the EXIF-tags is very annoying (all resized photos in landscape format, no portraits anymore...). I am managing all my photos with MC and my relationship would be very happy to receive photos of my sons more often, but this can only happen if I am able to send them within MC  ;).

Regards,
Micha

P.S.: Sending the photos in their original size is no option for me (low bandwith internet connection)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: EXIF-Information lost when resizing images
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 11:42:41 am »

Resizing does not rewrite the EXIF tag.  This is a gray area since EXIF describes camera properties like dimensions, etc. that don't necessarily apply to the new image.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

micha

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 11:54:30 am »

Hi,
ok, then let me decide if I want to keep the EXIF-Information :-). If this should not be possible -> rotate the photo(s) in the correct orientation BEFORE resizing and I will be perfectly happy  ;D.

Regards,
Micha

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 12:12:42 pm »

If this should not be possible -> rotate the photo(s) in the correct orientation BEFORE resizing and I will be perfectly happy  ;D.

Oh my, that's just a bug.

Look for a fix soon, and thanks for pointing it out.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

micha

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 02:54:18 pm »

Hi,

fixed in 12.0.518  :), thanks a lot, program is perfect now, no wishes anymore  ;D.

Regards,
Micha

micha

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 01:08:17 pm »

Hi,

ok, perhaps ONE LITTLE WISH  ;). It would be beautfiful to have an additional option when resizing images, namely setting the longest side to a specific value, for example 800 pixels. After using this option the dimension of a landscape picture should be 800x600 and a portrait should have 600x800 pixels. It is not really important, just a nice to have to  :)

Regards,
Micha
Pages: [1]   Go Up