INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another sort album by date imported question.  (Read 1486 times)

mherce

• Recent member
Another sort album by date imported question.
« on: June 26, 2008, 01:32:21 pm »

Being new, I don't know what the thread hijacking protocol is here, so instead of possibly offending someone, I'm starting a new thread.

I've searched and read every thread on this. Most come very close but doesn't give me what I am looking for, so I'm wondering if anyone can help?

All I want to do is setup a view where the top pane shows my albums sorted by the date imported. As suggested in the other threads, I created a user field called "Import Date" which removes the time and formats the date string. The thing is, every solution posted and everything I have tried does not sort the top pane. It just sorts the bottom pane. My albums stay sorted by name. I am aware of the pane/album choices but I do not want a single view, I am looking for a multi view with the first one being albums sorted by date imported.

Thanks!

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Another sort album by date imported question.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 01:53:27 pm »

Hi there mherce,
at the moment, this cannot be done.

The only sort options available for panes is alphabetically, either ascending or descending. (apart from months, which can be made to sort chronologically)

-marko.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 02:24:25 pm »

I have explained my "albums in the date imported order" view scheme in this thread:
How to create nice cover art & artist/album based view schemes
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

mherce

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 08:34:08 am »

Thanks a lot! Alec B, I am not clear on what you put into step 4. Could you paste it so I can copy it? As it is the auto - album custom user filed did not get it working for me. I am also unclear if this will allow me to sort my first pane of albums by their import date instead of alphabetically.

Thanks!

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up