INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A couple of image related things (print size and fade-in menu)  (Read 1579 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

First, the fade-in menu...

I absolutely love the "right click on thumb slider" feature.
When coupled with the "thin panes" feature, it makes for a more than adequate image preview area, and the mouse wheel scrolls through the images nicely...

Thing is, when doing that, the mouse needs to be in the window, and if the mouse is anywhere in the window, the bottom of the image fades out to show the "Play Tag Menu" options.
It's not nice! Would it be possible to prevent these fade-in options from showing when viewing images in "fit to window" mode? Nothing would be lost as all of the functions are readily available elsewhere in the interface.

Second, print sizes...

I have an MC "Send to..." shortcut that sends images to AcdSee. It used to be one of my most used shortcuts, but these days, I hardly ever use it.
I guess that's why it jars so much when I need to, and this morning, it was for print sizes.
I needed to print an 8" x 10" image on A4 photo paper.
8 x 10 was not in the MC list of print options, so I sent it to AcdSee instead, where it was, along with the option to add my own print sizes.
MC could really use an option like that.
Our new photo printer, (Canon ip6700D) is the dog's whotsits, despite not being the most up-to-date printer out there, and I'd like MC to deal with all the printing we have in the pipeline.
If I have to many wasted sheets though, "Send to... > External > AcdSee" will become part of the workflow again, which would be a shame.

-marko.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: A couple of image related things (print size and fade-in menu)
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 08:45:46 am »

Second, print sizes...

I have an MC "Send to..." shortcut that sends images to AcdSee. It used to be one of my most used shortcuts, but these days, I hardly ever use it.
I guess that's why it jars so much when I need to, and this morning, it was for print sizes.
I needed to print an 8" x 10" image on A4 photo paper.
8 x 10 was not in the MC list of print options, so I sent it to AcdSee instead, where it was, along with the option to add my own print sizes.

The print wizard contains the option "8x10 Print" in the layout choices. 
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 12:59:26 pm »

The print wizard contains the option "8x10 Print" in the layout choices. 
Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place?
I don't see it here...

-marko.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 01:09:14 pm »

It's hiding sizes that won't fit on the selected paper size.  This is because there are several layouts intended for large format printers.

I wonder if the printer reports 7.95"x9.95" or something?  Are you selecting bordless in the printer's options so that it reports the full page as printable?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 01:31:43 pm »

Paper size is A4
Selecting the borderless print option brought the 10 x 8 option out of hiding.

Maybe greyed out might be better than hidden?
I honestly thought that the layout options on view were all that were available so reached for some third party help.
AcdSee did not present this problem. It has 4 configurable border options, and a preview that turns red if the settings won't fit.

So, with MC, I had no idea what was going on, but with AcdSee, it was easy to see what was happening and how to fix before printing.
There's some space available in the white header area where it says "select a layout..."
Perhaps a hint that some incompatible choices may be hidden could be placed in there?

-marko.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 04:25:54 pm »

We'll change this to allow you to choose a layout, and then show a helpful (hopefully) error message where the preview is if the layout won't fit on the paper.
Pages: [1]   Go Up