INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request: Send to external from Theater View  (Read 2496 times)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Feature request: Send to external from Theater View
« on: June 29, 2008, 12:50:17 am »

I've recently started to rip my BluRay disks to my media server with AnyDVD. Right now, it's not that easy to get MC12 to play these video files. It'd be very useful to be able to assign cover art to these files and then be able to launch them with PowerDVD for example. I can do this in standard view, but I noticed that there's no option to achieve this in Theater View. Any chance that this could be added to the "More" menu?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Feature request: Send to external from Theater View
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 10:27:36 am »

I'd love this feature in order to be able to send to IMDB and other similar places from inside Theater View.

Assuming, of course, that some future version of Theater View doesn't integrate a Media Info page that automatically pulls data from IMDB, that is.   ;)
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 12:54:38 am »

Assuming, of course, that some future version of Theater View doesn't integrate a Media Info page that automatically pulls data from IMDB, that is.   ;)

Please tell me you know a secret!

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 09:20:25 am »

I use TheaterTek to watch all my movies. I just click the coverart in Theater View and the movie launches in TheaterTek. Here is how I did it: After ripping the movie, import it into MC and add coverart. Go to the tags and change the Media Type to Data. Change the Media Subtype to Movie. Make sure that the file extension of your rips is associated with PowerDVD (in Windows Explorer). For example, if you are converting your rips to .mkv files, associate .mkv with PowerDVD. You also need to create a new View Scheme called Blu-ray to include files with a Media Type of Data and a Media Subtype of Move. In Theater View, go to Video > Views and select Blu-ray. Alternatively, you could just add the criteria to an existing View Scheme. This way DVD's and other media files would launch in MC and Blu-rays would launch in PowerDVD, but you would see all the coverart under one View Scheme.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 09:24:57 am »

I use TheaterTek to watch all my movies. I just click the coverart in Theater View and the movie launches in TheaterTek. Here is how I did it: After ripping the movie, import it into MC and add coverart. Go to the tags and change the Media Type to Data. Change the Media Subtype to Movie. Make sure that the file extension of your rips is associated with PowerDVD (in Windows Explorer). For example, if you are converting your rips to .mkv files, associate .mkv with PowerDVD. You also need to create a new View Scheme called Blu-ray to include files with a Media Type of Data and a Media Subtype of Move. In Theater View, go to Video > Views and select Blu-ray. Alternatively, you could just add the criteria to an existing View Scheme. This way DVD's and other media files would launch in MC and Blu-rays would launch in PowerDVD, but you would see all the coverart under one View Scheme.

Very helpful. Thanks a lot, mojave!

BTW I know it was only an example, but just in case there's any confusion: PowerDVD does not, as yet, support the mkv format. I'll do what you suggest for my BluRay and HD-DVD rips. Cheers.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 11:19:21 am »

Please tell me you know a secret!

I wish.  Unfortunately no... Just hoping.   ;)
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 11:47:55 am »

I wish.  Unfortunately no... Just hoping.   ;)

Yes, clearly MC has some catching up to do in terms of video organisation features, compared to many other front ends. Still, I'd rather live with this lack than have shiny showy stuff without MC12's strengths!
One thing I've noticed, which I can't seem to deliberately reproduce, is the quite transient appearance of a 'very slightly rotated cover art on black background with a very nice reflection on glossy black horizontal surface effect'. I really like how this looks, but it only appears occasionally when I stop a video playing. It doesn't always appear, however. I'd love to have a Theater View line up of video files like this, but have no idea of even what to call it or how to consistently see it. I'll try to capture a screenshot if it's even possible, next time.

thurston

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 03:01:19 pm »

Did anyone ever figure out how to Send To (external) from Theater View?
Pages: [1]   Go Up