INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vista 64 vs Vista 32  (Read 2422 times)

Mr ChriZ

• Citizen of the Universe
  • :-D
Vista 64 vs Vista 32
« on: July 01, 2008, 10:09:50 am »

So this morning my Vista machine decides to perform the Black Screen of Death.
After logging in the screen went black, the mouse cursor appeared... and then nothing.
Was working fine last night.  Only change performed was new build of MC, but I don't believe
that's related.

No key combinations bring up anything, including win-r, ctrl alt del, etc.
Tried restarting.... no go.
Tried different logons ... no go.
Tried Safe mode, Safe Mode Command prompt, Safe Mode with cherries on top ... no go.
Last known config.. no go...
start googling, loads of people with similar problems but they all seem to be able to get task man up, or one other user...
Tried System Repair thing which wasn't all that helpful, although I did manage to get a command prompt up,
and xcopy the drive so i've got everything off of it.

Short of any other idea's I'm thinking about wiping it and reinstalling Vista. (Hammer foot I know...)
I've now got access to Ultimate 32 and 64.
I'm interested in the x64 user as to what their experiences have been like?  Any major issues?
Driver issues?

Cheers
Chris

windwaker2008

Re: Vista 64 vs Vista 32
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 11:13:04 pm »

Hey,

I've been running Vista Ultimate x64 for more than a year now and I can say it's running way better than when I ran x86 version. Also, driver issues weren't a concern because I mainly have modern hardware. You should have no problem if your in the same situation. I would highly recommend it.

robydago

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 01:49:28 am »

running vista64 for a couple of months now.
no real problems so far and all hw is working (but it's all recent stuff)
no way I could use vista32, since I have 8GB ram

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 02:06:15 am »

Installed 64, all looking good so far.  Running way quicker than it was.
Cheers guys!

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 02:46:08 pm »

Just stumbled upon this thread and see it's really too late to benefit Mr ChriZ at all, but I just wanted to say that I've been running x64 for a little less than a year now and the only compatibility issue I've run into so far is Sony. They just don't seem to want to support x64. I've got their original 500 series eReader and they don't support Vista 64. I also just bought a brand new HDD HD video camera and the included software won't install on Vista 64 either. It does show up as an external drive, but unfortunately that hasn't really helped me. I had to install the software on a 32-bit Vista machine in order to transfer the data. Other than those two devices though, everything's been great.
Pages: [1]   Go Up