INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod synch lockup with .518  (Read 668 times)

MusicHawk

• Citizen of the Universe
iPod synch lockup with .518
« on: July 02, 2008, 10:59:58 am »

Using iPod 80GB, trying to recover from the trashing that happened when I tried to synch three weeks ago (another post):

1. Re-initialized with newest iPod software.
2. Connected to MC 12.0.518 and had it discover the new device.
3. Configured MC to synch with no coverart/images, conversion to portable device quality (library is mostly high quality MP3), delete anything not in the playlist.
4. Started synching a smartlist of 8,448 songs.

Historically, this size synch takes up to 16 hours. It ran OK for three hours, then I went to bed. This morning, MC says about 9% complete, and MC is totally locked up. No error messages, it's just locked up hard. The iPod is still flashing "do not disconnect".

I used Task Manager to close MC. This did NOT release the iPod's connection. I eventually released it by closing the USB connection.

I was amazed to find 700 songs on the iPod -- truly about 9% of what should have loaded. But why did the process freeze?

I hope this report is of some value. Given other issues with .518 I'll wait for the next version to try again.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.
Pages: [1]   Go Up