INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stacks Questions - Smartlists and View Schemes  (Read 1332 times)

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Stacks Questions - Smartlists and View Schemes
« on: July 07, 2008, 08:30:43 am »

If I create a smartlist that says to show only MP3 files, files inside stacks are not shown.  Is there a way to make the smartlist look inside the stack?  My main files are APE, but any that are synced to the iPod are MP3 - would like to be able to directly access the mp3s via a smartlist.

Is there any way to create a 'stack management' view scheme?  I can't see a way to create a view scheme that only shows stacked audio items.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Stacks Questions - Smartlists and View Schemes
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 11:03:43 am »

Create a view scheme using the following rule in "Step 4"...

[media type]=audio -[stack top]=-1 ~sort=[album],[stack top]

All the files shown will be in stacks. Use "Options - Expand all stacks" from the view header menu to reveal the stacked files.
Remember to collapse them all when you're done though otherwise you may see a lot of weirdness kicking in later on ;)

-marko.

Phydeaux

• World Citizen
  • No comment... ;)
Re: Stacks Questions - Smartlists and View Schemes
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 04:32:14 pm »

I am suffering a similar problem with stacked MPEG video files that have smaller MP4 conversions for iPod. I want the converted files to be hidden, but I want to use a smartlist to define which video files are sync'ed. Stacks make my library look nice... Smartlists make my library clever.

The hint above talks about view schemes. How can I get a smartlist to display files that are both in and out of stacks?
"Evil will always triumph over Good because Good is dumb." -- Spaceballs
Pages: [1]   Go Up