INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: video won't restart after pause  (Read 1367 times)

Steve A

• Recent member
video won't restart after pause
« on: July 10, 2008, 09:37:53 am »

if I play a video file, say wmv and pause the playback and maybe slide the playbar back to review a scene, the player just sits there and won't restart in a different spot.  I find that I have to close the player and restart the file from the beginning.  very annoying!  is there a way around this?  thanks

JONCAT

Re: video won't restart after pause
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 06:27:27 pm »

1. Does this happen to all wmv files? Can you find some that work, samples online maybe? Maybe the file is corrupt:

http://www.repairvideo.com/

2. You could experiment with your Library folder in Documents & settings?application Data>Boomarks.jmd and temporarily move it out there (iirc a new "fresh" will be created).

DC

Steve A

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 07:52:23 pm »

thanks for your reply.  it happens regularly and the files aren't corrupt.  I'm a filmmaker and need to view lots of stuff.  I've had to resort to using windows media player....

moco

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 09:08:59 pm »

not use the default bittrate filter may solve the problem , Especially play Rmvb file, hope JIMH amend the problem

JONCAT

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 09:57:18 pm »

Interesting. Steve give Moco's suggestion a whirl.

Tools>Options>Playback>DirectShow Settings>highlight WMV>ChooseFilters>scrool down in right window to uncheck the JRiver bitrate filter>OK>OK  etc.

try playing back those WMVs w/o that filter in the chain

DC

btw - "scrool" is a combination of drooling whilst scrolling down

Steve A

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 08:06:22 am »

Thanks, guys.  I scrooled as suggested and that did the trick :) When you jog back in the video, it takes a few seconds to stabilize in speed, but the main thing is you can stop, move forward and back and start up again.

Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up