INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Izotope 3  (Read 1593 times)

JDizzy

• Recent member
Izotope 3
« on: June 14, 2008, 08:26:51 pm »

I have tried to use the DirectX plugin to load Izotope and in fact, it does load.
But, the sound is not getting routed through it.

Anyone have any hints on how to use either the Izotope MP or Izotope 3?
I was using it with Bassplayer and Winamp, but not JRiver Media  :'(
Thanks

JDizzy

• Recent member
Re: Izotope 3
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 11:13:38 pm »

OK,
My guess is no one is using Isotope with Media Center.
The Direct X (or whatever it is) plugin in the plugin section will not work on my system
for some reason. It just gets all noisy and choppy....

I also tried the DFX plugin and it makes the music all choppy. I tried increasing buffer, switching from directsound to wave, etc,
but still could not get it going...

Any suggestions?
I am trying to make some 128 bit MP3s sound better.....

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 06:46:57 am »

What type of file?  MP3?  Bitrate?

Try the "Weird Problems" thread in my signature for similar problems and solutions.

Is there any other software installed that "enhances" the sound?  If so, uninstall it.

JDizzy

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 07:07:19 am »

To answer your question... all types of music files (MP3, flac, wav, and all bitrates (128, 320, 1100+ hi def.) .

If I try to toggle the Directsound plugin that is in the plugin section here, the sound acts like I have vibrato on as soon as I enable the plugin...... it pulsates  at a very high cycle, as if hearing it through a fan...hard to describe.

I can't get past that to even use the Isotope and if I do load the Isotope through the plugin, it loads, I can see it on the screen, can highlight it, but cannot tick the box next to it. Possibly why the sound is not routed through it??  But believe me, Isotope really spices up the sound and in my opinion gets rid of much of the muddiness. It puts a lot of life back into it being more punchy and brilliant.... The instruments even seem to be more defined and separated.

I thumbed through the weirdness files and could find nothing to fix my issues
I also tried the DFX plugin and got the same vibato effect with lots of noise added.
I am using a Creative Soundblaster Live card and coming out through SPDIF into my amp.

Oh well, we'll live.

jgreen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 01:23:20 pm »

Are you using the $30 win-amp plugin, or the $250 full version?  Because the full version is supported and the win-amp plugin isn't (yet).

God, I would love to use that thing with MC without paying $250. 

EDIT:  Oops, I see you mention the MP version and Izotope 3 (full version).  I did a trial of Izotope 3 some time ago and it worked fine.  MP won't.  If 3 doesn't now there might be an issue in the DX facility, or maybe there's a setting that needs a nudge. 

JDizzy

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 05:00:58 pm »

Yeah, really don't know where to look.
Pages: [1]   Go Up