INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird problems with .TS files  (Read 2731 times)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Weird problems with .TS files
« on: July 14, 2008, 12:44:19 pm »

1) Now they're suddenly showing up as 'data' files.
2) The list of files types MC can play no longer includes .ts in playback options.
3) I can force the media type to 'video', but the files still don't play, but are fine in other players.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
Re: Weird problems with .TS files
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 12:21:45 pm »

bump

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 11:04:31 am »

Bump

The importing of TS files as 'data' is now becoming more like the mkv file type problem of a few months ago. All my filters are correctly set up. I only have to change the file extension of the ts to mkv and the files will play fine. Any chance of someone looking into this so that I don't have to make a smartlist to gather all TS files that have been imported as data? This is not how it used to behave.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 11:58:45 am »

I have not been intentionally ignoring you. It is just that I can not think of anything that could cause the behavior change as there have not been any changes in MC in that area.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 11:59:59 am »

Please email me a log file. yaobing at jriver dot com

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 12:03:59 pm »

Hi Yaobing

I'll email the log in the coming few days. One of my PCs is having problems sending mail attachments right now. Is there anything I should do before sending the log, like importing a TS file?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 01:31:32 pm »

Hi Yaobing

I'll email the log in the coming few days. One of my PCs is having problems sending mail attachments right now. Is there anything I should do before sending the log, like importing a TS file?

You definitely need to log an importing process.

SeaDrive

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 10:08:21 am »

I'm having the same problem with the .ts files importing as data. I can manually change them to video and they will play. I am also puttting some of these videos on my iPod video. I have the sync set to convert to iPod native and keep the conversion cache. The converted mp4 file plays choppy on the iPod as well as the cached version on the hard drive. The original .ts file plays fine in MC. I'm using the latest beta of MC13 and also tried it in the final MC12 release with the same results.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 08:15:37 am »

Have you tried specifying a video decoder for the file type? If not, you should experiment with it.

SeaDrive

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 10:30:31 am »

If I manually rename the Media Type as Video I can play it fine. I installed the latest CCCP coded pack which inclused FFD show. DirectShow uses FFD show for video and AC3 filter for audio since my files are all encoded in 5.1. I created a file utility a while that takes all of my newly recorded TV files from SageTV renames and moves them to the appropriate folder. It also parses the EPG XML data and creates an MPL file for the group of files processed so I can import the metadata into MC. For now I just added the Media Type of Video to the MPA file and that works for me.

The only remaining issue is that the iPod converted video from MC plays the audio fine but video is choppy. The playback is choppy on the iPod and in any video player on the system. I also tried a different system with the same result. I can convert the TS file in an external converter and the new MP4 will play fine. This is a real pain though because I have to manually convert the files and then import them in MC before I can sync them to the iPod rather than just import the TS file and allow MC to do the conversion during sync. Plus since I am importing 2 files of the same name but different extension (.TS and .MP4) they appear as 2 separate files in MC rather than a stack.

Any thoughts?

SeaDrive

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 10:37:37 am »

Just an update to my previous post. I've spent the past few days playing with .TS files in MC13. The task was to get high quality smooth playback. After trying about a dozen different filters FFDShow is the most reliable. Others either don't playback (stuck at opening...) or play blank or choppy video. The only problem with FFDshow is that the video tears alot. I tried every combination of filter and renderer I know. The Enhanced Video renderer also works the best. The same video plays with excellent quality in Nero Showtime and PowerDVD8. Does anyone know of a good solution (filter and renderer) that can match the quality of PowerDVD?

twobadfish

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2008, 04:09:14 am »

.ts files are regularly encoded incorrectly and thus their playback suffers.

Do they playback correctly in other media players? Can you select open from the file menu to play the file?
Pages: [1]   Go Up