INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problem with "Check for Update" tool  (Read 1309 times)

lmurawski

• Recent member
problem with "Check for Update" tool
« on: July 14, 2008, 12:56:13 pm »

Last night, I was trying to connect with my laptop (xp pro sp3) to my desktop hosted library server.  I haven't used Media Center on the laptop in quite a while, so I was prompted to download the latest update (497).  My desktop (vista business sp1) was running version 473 at the time.  When I tried to connect to the library server, I was told the client was running version 15 and the server version 14.  So, at this point I ran the "Check of Update" tool on the desktop system and it reported there were no updates, but it was running version 473.

To correct the issue, I ended up downloading the latest version from the download page, which is version 497, and installed that on the desktop system.  And we listened happily ever after.

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: problem with "Check for Update" tool
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 02:35:52 pm »

Thanks for catching this, I'll make sure it is fixed. -- j

repair1

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 08:49:05 am »

Sirs,
    I reinstalled media center today.  Then I checked for updates I was told that there was an update but the download failed!  I waited 1 day but the download failed again.  What am I doing wrong?
Sincerely
Randy Rehwoldt
rrails@msn.com

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 09:07:33 am »

Sirs,
    I reinstalled media center today.  Then I checked for updates I was told that there was an update but the download failed!  I waited 1 day but the download failed again.  What am I doing wrong?
Sincerely
Randy Rehwoldt
It's likely that your machine is blocking FTP.  Try the download page at www.jrmediacenter.com.  If that does not work, look for the alternate (http) download link just below the download button on that page.

repair1

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 09:18:53 am »

I tried to check for updates only to get a message that the download failed (3times).  I tried version 13 is available here in one of the post only toget can not load this page?
Pages: [1]   Go Up