INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Scheduler Questions  (Read 1173 times)

Scronch

Media Scheduler Questions
« on: July 29, 2002, 10:44:01 pm »

I'm using Media Scheduler (MS) to start some batch files that contain mjextman commands.

1) I load up MS with the same custom command (saved as a command shortcut) four times, each at a different time of day.  When I close MS and restart it, sometimes some of the commands are repeated (3 of them, it appears), so I now have 7.  Close and restart, and I now have 10.  What's going on?

2) How can I back up my set of MS commands?  Once I set up MS with multiple commands, I'd like to save the whole set-up, and be able to restore/reload it.  (I'm not talking about command shortcuts, which save one command.)

3) Where are the MS custom commands stored, so I could at least back them up?

Thank you.

Scronch

Scronch

RE:Media Scheduler Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2002, 09:54:17 pm »

In addition to Media Scheduler duplicating scheduled commands when MS is stopped and restarted, it doesn't correctly run a .bat file through cmd.exe /c filename.bat.  The MS icon in the system tray flashes at the right time, and it appears to execute the command, but nothing happens.  When I execute the same cmd.exe command in a DOS shell, it works correctly.

For now, I'm giving up on Media Scheduler for scheduling batch files, and using Windows Task Scheduler, which is working correctly.

Scronch

Raymond

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2002, 06:31:12 am »

Scronch,
      MS stores its custom shortcut in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Music Exchange\1.0\Media Jukebox\Scheduler\CustomShortcut. I couldn't reproduce the repeating custom commands. Did you restart your pc and log in as a different user? As for the batch files, you can put the path to the batch file under Program Path field. That will execute the batch file correctly.

Ray
Ray

Scronch

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2002, 10:39:49 am »

Raymond -

Thanks for the reply.

Did you restart your pc

yes

and log in as a different user?

No. Win2000 with one user on this machine.  Not interested in changing that.

As for the batch files, you can put the path to the batch file under Program Path field.

I did that.  As I recall, you cannot select a .bat file in the drop-down selection menu, so you have to use cmd.exe /c.  I played with all sorts of permutations, but no joy.  Windows Task Scheduler allows direct selection of .bat files, and avoids the repeated commands I am experiencing.  Note: The commands repeat when I fully exit and re-start MS.

Scronch

Scronch

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2002, 10:47:01 am »

Strange.  I replied, but this didn't float to the top of Interact.  Try again...

Raymond

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2002, 02:24:28 pm »

You could type in the path to your batch file manually under the Program Path field, it should run that batch file.  

Did you see the repeating commands in the registry?

Ray
Ray

Scronch

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2002, 04:30:15 pm »

Ray -

Sorry, I never looked.  I'm not using Media Scheduler now, because Windows Task Scheduler is really working well for that part of it.

Scronch

Scronch

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2002, 08:47:51 pm »

Ray -

I looked at the registry entries you referenced.  That is where they save the definitions of the Custom Shortcuts.  The "repeating command" problem is somthing different:  If I open Media Scheduler, create a Periodic Custom Command (whether I utilize a shortcut or not), and assign it a certain time (say 10am), then do it again with the same command at a different time (say 4pm), and so on until I have 4 commands (same command at 4 different times)--THEN, when I shut down Media Scheduler and re-open it, I find the original 4 commands (now listed in the wrong order, by the way), PLUS two or three copies of some of the original commands.  Close and re-open, and now I'm up to 10 commands.  This is not about Custom Shortcuts, it is about the entries that have been entered into MS.

My info is below.

Scronch

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.336
Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Pentium III 598 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 240 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 2195)

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4807.2300
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.4718
wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Shoe size: 13
Pages: [1]   Go Up