INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is J River Media Center Compatible with Windows XP Media Center Edition? [yes]  (Read 1528 times)

sbpyper

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...

I bought a used Dell Dimension E510 which comes with the Windows XP Media Center Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3.  I have a Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II 350 card.

The winTV2000 works fine as well as the Windows Media Center.  I can get my cable signal through each.

However, when I go to JRiver Media Center and try to setup the TV Tuner there it doesn't scan for channels. If I click on a TV channel manually, I get this message:  "Media Center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files.  Please make sure that the path in your media library points to the right location.

Also, do I need to run a cable from the Hauppauge unit audio out to the soundcard built on my Dell motherboard to get sound?  Is it the black colored input?

Lastly, is the Windows operating system simply incompatible with JRiver Media Center?  Do you conflict?

Thanks anyone!

Zak in AZ

darichman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Lastly, is the Windows operating system simply incompatible with J. Rivers Media Center?  Do you conflict?

I have a dell inspiron notebook with an analogue tuner, running Windows XP Media Center Edition. I have SP3 installed... It all works fine.
So J River Media Center is definitely compatible with Windows XP MCE.
As for your specific TV card? Sorry, no idea :P

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..

Hi,

You will find that Windows Media Center ehome services grab control of your tuner card so it can do sheduled recordings. I had this problem with Windows Media center 2005 and my HVR-1300. I had to stop all the ehome services before JRiver would access my tuner.

Hope this helps.

John.
Pages: [1]   Go Up