INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Syncing with MC and iTunes?  (Read 1367 times)

e-head

• World Citizen
Syncing with MC and iTunes?
« on: July 18, 2008, 12:11:08 pm »

Anyone have any problems/issues with syncing an iPod with both iTunes and MC?

I tried it once, and the only issue I ran into was the name of my iPod got changed in iTunes. Not a big deal really.

The plan is to use MC for 90% of my syncing needs, but to use iTunes to throw on the occasional m4a album (if I need it to play gaplessly).

MGD_King

• Citizen of the Universe
  • It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
Re: Syncing with MC and iTunes?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 09:32:39 am »

The plan is to use MC for 90% of my syncing needs, but to use iTunes to throw on the occasional m4a album (if I need it to play gaplessly).
I haven't had any issues with gapless playback of MP3's on my iPod as long as I've ripped the tracks with any version of MC12. I'm actually quite impressed with how the iPod handles gapless playback.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Syncing with MC and iTunes?
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 08:13:57 pm »

I haven't had any issues with gapless playback of MP3's on my iPod as long as I've ripped the tracks with any version of MC12. I'm actually quite impressed with how the iPod handles gapless playback.

Note that for 5G iPods, navigating within a song can mess up the gapless change to the next song -- the effect is a very tiny piece of the end of the song being clipped off at the transition so that the next song starts a little bit ahead of the beat.  It's not always all that noticeable -- it depends on the specific transition in question -- but in my experience with a 5G iPod, the only way to get reliably correct gapless playback is to let a song play through from the beginning.

This does not appear to be an issue with the 6G "Classic" iPods, which still play gaplessly even after navigating within a song.

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up