INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding to Playist - Duplicates Checking  (Read 1145 times)

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
Adding to Playist - Duplicates Checking
« on: July 18, 2008, 10:45:48 pm »

Any way when you add a song to a playlist that's already there it can tell you if it already exists and if you want to add it again?  I want to go through my songs again to make sure I have them there but I don't want to add them then have to go through them again to see if they I've added them twice.

Thanks.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: Adding to Playist - Duplicates Checking
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 05:46:37 am »

I don't get your point exactly so I only can give some hints for managing playlists.

First step to get rid of all dublicates in a playllist is to browse to that playlist an click "Remove Dublicates" (B) at the top toolbar. If you can't see the top Playlist toolbar, watch out for the small arrows (A).

A nice way to check if one file or a group of files is in a specified playlist you can use a feature of action window. Select the files you want to know from if they are in a Playlist or not. Then click "Tag" at the Action Window (1), look for the entrie called "Plalists" (2) and then you'll see a list with your playlists (3), where you can check if the selected files are all in one Playlist/Playlistgroup or not and change these settings by checking or unchecking them.

Hope this helped...

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 08:52:41 am »

Thanks for your help...much appreciated.

This worked but what I was trying to get at and I guess I didn't explain it very well is say you have a playlist with music already in it.  Your browsing your tunes and want to put a song in there so you click and drag in into the playlist.  What I was trying to say is at that point is there an option where mc will say "Song is currently is playlist, would you like to add it anyway?" then click no or yes. 

Your way works great but I was thinking this may cut down on some time.

Thanks again.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 09:32:50 am »

What I was trying to say is at that point is there an option where mc will say "Song is currently is playlist, would you like to add it anyway?" then click no or yes.

There is no such option as far as I know...
Pages: [1]   Go Up