INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC taking over remote control commands from Vista Media Center  (Read 1232 times)

AkiZacki

Hi,

I'm trying to let MC12 and Vista Media Center to happily coexist on my PC in the living room, using MC for Music (serving uPNP Players) and VMC for TV. However, while MC is started in the background, it takes over some remote control commands of my MS Remote Control, e.g. Stop, Next and Previous.

Has anybody experienced this and probably has a solution for this? I can't find any settings in MC for the MS Remote Control. I don't need MC12 to be remote controlled at all. Any idea?

Thanks in advance,
Axel   

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: MC taking over remote control commands from Vista Media Center
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 07:34:55 pm »

However, while MC is started in the background, it takes over some remote control commands of my MS Remote Control, e.g. Stop, Next and Previous.

I wish this would be true for me too. But I  have to have MC in foreground to have it take my remote control commands...

AkiZacki

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 03:03:16 am »

I have checked it again. MC12 in the background playing music, Vista Media Center in the foreground fullscreen playing a video. The Stop command goes to MC12, though stopping the music. If MC12 just sits in the background doing nothing, the stop command never makes it into VMC. I would say this is a bug!

Is there a possibility to configure MC12 to ignore remote commands at all?

All software are the most recent version.

Thanks,
Axel

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 10:37:26 am »

Again: I'd like to behave my MC like yours does :-\ Nearly every application steals the remote commands from MC for me, if MC isn't the "at the top" application...

But I think I might have a solution for your problem:
You may take a look at "tools -> options -> general -> advanced -> media keys mode". Please tell me what this option is set to for you, before you change it to disable, because then perhaps I can make my MC behave like yours :) After changing this to "disable" MC should not catch any of your remote commands any more, so, as far as I know, you should be able to control VMC even with MC in focus.

AkiZacki

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 12:17:13 pm »

Great stuff, setting this to disabled was the right setting for me. Before, it was set to "Automatic (Recommended)"...
Pages: [1]   Go Up