INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wine [out of dry]  (Read 1643 times)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Wine [out of dry]
« on: July 20, 2008, 05:59:20 pm »

My Wife Is Out Of Dry Wine...

I Think It Is Funny...

Two Of My Peach Trees Cracked A Few Branches, That Sucks. I Think One Of Them Is Beyond Help.

The Upside Is My 3 Year Old Apple Tree Has Apples.

Tomorrow I Am Giving Another Class To A bunch Of Kids, about bugs.

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Wine [out of dry]
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 06:15:23 pm »

It isn't funny, but it is a funny coincidence in a couple of ways.

For example,

Listening to: 'Days Of Wines And Roses' from 'Midnight, Moonlight & Magic: The Very Best Of Henry Mancini' by 'Henry Mancini' on Performer Media Center

and

I have a three year old apple tree, well maybe four now, with about ten little apples trying to beat the odds.

Drinking: Reuilly, "Appellation Reuilly Controlee", White Wine.  Sue would be OK with it, I think.  I don't know if you could call it "dry", but if you were out of "dry", it would be nice to find a bottle of it in the back of the cupboard.

I also learning a little about Nelson Riddle today.  I think he and Henry Mancini must have competed for movie theme business for a while.  Riddle arranged for Frank Sinatra and Nat King Cole and many others.  Also the composer of the themes from Man from U.N.C.L.E. and Route 66.

Nice day here.  Hope it's the same in NC.

Sorry about the peach trees.

You could take Sue for a boat ride to apologize.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 07:11:32 pm »

I Can't Afford French Wine

I Get All My Wine From China, Tainted With Lead Paint, And Rodenticide.

She Found Something Blush In My Wine Cellar (Closet)

I Have About 4 Or 5 Apple Trees, One Of Them Is About 30 Feet And Normally Has Many Apples.

About 10 Pear Trees.

5 Plumb Trees

And 3 Cherry Trees (I Have Never Eaten A Cherry From It, The Birds Always Get Them)

I Was Thinking Maybe I Should Buy A Wine Making Kit To Make Apple, Peach, And Pear Wine
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

jgreen

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 08:15:43 pm »

King, you start making Pear Wine, you will have found your Valhalla.  It won't be "dry", though, it'll be more like Pear Ouzo.  But doggone if it won't solve the world's problems in a trice.

Regarding French wine--oh, please. 

Shame you're on the wrong coast for cheap wine.  Out here on the Proper Coast, you can't spit without hitting a world class winery selling their product for less than the cost of the bottle.  But the further east you get, the more the price goes up, due to the cost of truckage. 

They're currently experimenting with dehydrated wine.  Apparently you'll just buy a pill and take it with a glass of water, kind of like popping Bennies, only with your pinky finger extended.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 11:19:45 pm »

Two Of My Peach Trees Cracked A Few Branches, That Sucks. I Think One Of Them Is Beyond Help.

Our apple tree had had a severaly broken branch.  I grabbed some gardeners tape, and a wood stake to bear the branch.  I taped the branch firmly, and stake the "crutch" into position.  The following year, the branch was strong and has held firm since.  The small tree usually bears about 200-300 apples / year, about 1/2 of which drop and we feed to the local deer.

I've also saved a Japanese maple branch this way too.  Give it a shot.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up