INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clicks using DSP effects in MJ12  (Read 1345 times)

sigfreed

Clicks using DSP effects in MJ12
« on: July 26, 2008, 01:12:56 pm »

Hello
i just downloaded this player and absolutely LOVE IT. The sound quality is so far superior to the WMP i was previously using!
So thank you for this player!!

But i have an issue that developed when playing effects that i can't seem to find the fix for on my own. When i was listening to one of my files of a live performance, i added a touch of effect for some ambiance and it seemed to play fine. Then after restarting my computer and coming back to listen to music i am now hearing pops and clicks whenever i try and use any effects at even the most minimum value. I don't know how to get this to go away and i have been trying everything

I am using an ECHO Layla PCI 24/96 sound card. I did switch to ASIO operation and also 24 bit operation.  I thought this may have had something to do with it but when I changed back the problem continued to be there. The sound quality is definitely better(to my ears) using ASIO and 24 bit.

I thought i may be clipping and so i tried applying the clipping protection but the problem continued to persist. I am even getting the clicks when the output level is registering far below 100%.

Can anyone help me with this issue as i would love to use the effects. When i was able to use them they were very nice and something i would like to be able to continue to use.

thanks!!

Listener

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Clicks using DSP effects in MJ12
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 02:08:37 pm »

This sounds like a post I replied to on Audiogon.  I have 3 additional comments;

- I've read that some users had trouble with an older version of the Echo Layla driver.  Check the echo website to see if you have current drivers.

- If the Echo Layla comes with an ASIO driver, use that rather than ASIO4All.

- try an experiment. In the Player/DSP Studio dialog, click on the output format line.  For Bitdepth, choose "source bit depth".  For sample rate, choose "source sample rate".  This will lower the amount of date and probably the amount of CPU time required.

> I did switch to ASIO operation and also 24 bit operation. 
> I thought this may have had something to do with it but
> when I changed back the problem continued to be there.

I'm not clear on what you changed back to.  Direct Sound? 16 bit output sample rate?

I'm about to go on vacation but I am sure that others on this or the MC 12 forum can provide help.

Bill

sigfreed

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 02:41:35 pm »

Thanks Bill

Well yeah that was me over there on Audiogon and i think you were the one that suggested me posting over here so here i am....hah.

Yeah i had downloaded the recent drivers for my Echo sound card

And i am using the ASIO driver and not the ASIO4all.

And i had done the experiment that you suggested prior but the problem still persisted.
Yeah i had tried to go back to direct sound and all of the setting changes that you suggested in the DSP studio dialogue. So i am still at a loss on this.

Craig

Listener

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 03:18:26 pm »

Ok, just one more suggestion.

Have you tried increasing the buffering in Tools/Options/Playback/Output Mode settings.  Slide the Buffering control left to toward the "More skip resistant" end?  I suggested this earlier and have not seen a response in your posts.

Bill

Pages: [1]   Go Up