INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: New Plugin: Last.Fm Auto DJ v1.2  (Read 85813 times)

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: New Plugin: Last.Fm Auto DJ (LastFmRecommend) v0.51 (25/08/08)
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2008, 07:53:45 am »

this is great stuff. amazing. thanks.

:)
gab

gappie

« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2008, 11:14:43 am »

i was wondering if this is an issue, or a limitation. when playing songs, and you start to look at some images, the plugin 'stops working'.
this is ofcource while when you start image playback when music is playing, mc makes an temporary zone, and the playing now with the music is not the active zone anymore.

anyway. enjoying this a lot.

gab

gummbah

• World Citizen
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2008, 12:21:26 pm »

Can't wait to get the new version :)

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2008, 12:56:38 pm »

One interesting thing that I've had to do is download the tracks to a temp directory as I couldn't get MC to stream internally. What this means is that the tracks are on your computer so could be copied to your media directory permanently.
;D

Auto Import he we come!
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

davjand

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2008, 05:42:53 pm »

I'll build a keep button into the version after next ;D But in the next version you will be able to turn off automatic temp file cleaning so you could run auto import manually!

I've got rid of even more bugs now and just have a few little features to complete. I'll hopefully release a beta tomorrow or the day after!

davjand

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: New Plugin: Last.Fm Auto DJ v1.0 beta (05/09/08)
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2008, 05:02:46 pm »

Hey all

I'm pleased to announce the 1.0 beta version, see origional post etc.

davjand

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2008, 06:03:05 pm »

Just a quick note:

If you select the previous song when a stream is playing, it essentially acts as a skip function, hence a double click on the prev button will do it!

I'm going to have a break for a bit but planned features for next version:
any bugfixes
option to keep files (allows other files to be deleted while keeping specific files)
playlist generation as requested

gappie

« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2008, 06:22:33 pm »

nice, im upgrading as we speek. thanks.

gummbah

• World Citizen
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2008, 12:07:45 am »

I get an error message and the plugin won't run  :(
This might be my own fault, but I don't know how to fix it.

I forgot to uninstall the old one, so after installation I noticed that both plugins showed up in the service list. I decided to uninstall both and did a clean install afterwards. Now version 1 did not show up in the service list, so I had to go to the plugin manager.
There it does show up in the interface list, but when I click on "show" I get the message: Interface plug-in 'lastfmdj'' could not be found or created.

I have them now both uninstalled, and now I get an error message on starting up MC: Interface plugin 'Lastfmrecommand is not the correct version.

Any help?

gummbah

• World Citizen
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2008, 02:34:51 am »

I removed any references to the plugin in the registry, and I was able to install without error messages.
The plugin is there under services, but now I cannot change anything in the options.

When I play a song I get a .net framework error message:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\Rob\Application Data\J River\LastFmDJ\temp'.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)
   at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
   at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path)
   at MC_Plugin_LastFmDJ.MainInterface.setRadioNumberTempFiles() in c:\Users\Dave\Documents\Programming\MediaCenter\LastFmRecommend\06\MC_Plugin_LastFmDJ\MC_Plugin_LastFmDJ\MainInterface.cs:line 633
   at MC_Plugin_LastFmDJ.MainInterface.LoopTimerTick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Users\Dave\Documents\Programming\MediaCenter\LastFmRecommend\06\MC_Plugin_LastFmDJ\MC_Plugin_LastFmDJ\MainInterface.cs:line 968
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MC_Plugin_LastFmDJ
    Assembly Version: 1.0.3170.39165
    Win32 Version: 0.6.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/J%20River/Media%20Center%2012/Plugins/LastFmDJ/MC_Plugin_LastFmDJ.DLL
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
Interop.MediaCenter
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/J%20River/Media%20Center%2012/Plugins/LastFmDJ/Interop.MediaCenter.DLL
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

gappie

« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2008, 02:34:58 am »

i also get an error message. i did uninstall first. but uninstalling 1 beta, and reinstalling 0.51 was no problem.

after installing version 1 the interface of last fmjd did not react to any clicking. it looked disabled.
after starting a song i got a lot .net error messages. had to kill mc via taskmanager. the plug had placed a new song in my playing now though, or at least that is what i think .
this is the error message i get from .net.

Code: [Select]
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\gab\Application Data\J River\LastFmDJ\temp'.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)
   at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
   at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path)
   at MC_Plugin_LastFmDJ.MainInterface.setRadioNumberTempFiles() in c:\Users\Dave\Documents\Programming\MediaCenter\LastFmRecommend\06\MC_Plugin_LastFmDJ\MC_Plugin_LastFmDJ\MainInterface.cs:line 633
   at MC_Plugin_LastFmDJ.MainInterface.LoopTimerTick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Users\Dave\Documents\Programming\MediaCenter\LastFmRecommend\06\MC_Plugin_LastFmDJ\MC_Plugin_LastFmDJ\MainInterface.cs:line 968
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

it looks like there is a reference to something on the machine it is made on..

gab

lol... posted at the same time....  8)

davjand

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2008, 06:00:50 am »

Hi
If you create the folder 'temp' in
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\J River\LastFmDJ\

then this should solve it.

I'm working on it now, its the stupidist of errors as well :'( - Basically the code to update the interface forgets to check if the directory exists!

davjand

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2008, 06:12:47 am »

Hi

I've updated the installer, it should be fixed now!

gappie

« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2008, 06:52:30 am »

Hi

I've updated the installer, it should be fixed now!

yes, it is.

thanks

gab

gummbah

• World Citizen
Re: New Plugin: Last.Fm Auto DJ v1.0 beta (06/09/08)
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2008, 12:03:15 pm »

Thanks for this great plugin!!
I am playing with it and love it.

One thing I noticed is that the streams have quite a low volume compared to my own files.
I have tried lowering the volume through volume leveling settings, but that does not work, because it also lowers the volume of the streams.

Do you think it is possible to pump up the volume of the streams or have an option to allow the user to adjust it (I assume there can be major difference between the base volume of different users)?

Thanks!!

davjand

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2008, 12:23:43 pm »

I noticed the same volume thing but wasn't sure if it was just my setup. I've found that some tracks are ok though. It should be pretty easy to build in a volume boosting tool - lowers the volume to a set amount when a normal track is playing and boosts it when a stream starts. I'll have a look into it.

Here's what I was thinking for the next version anyway:

Playlist generation - generate a library playlist (or now playing) from the now playing song.
Keep streams - hit a keep button to copy tracks to a keep directory - MC's move and rename function could then be used to copy them to your lib
Volume monitoring - as mentioned above

Friendly user interface - since there is no option for an action pane plugin the UI isn't the most friendly since you have to go to the plugin pane  to access skip controls and potentially keep controls so here's an idea I had:

Have a group of playlists , Last.Fm skip, Last.Fm Keep, Last.Fm Generate which are kept empty. When a song is added to any, the plugin can retrieve the track data and perform the relevant action, if it's a stream then it could be kept/skipped. If it was a normal song on the generate playlist then the playlist generation could start from there.

I'm going to have a break for a few days and fix any bugs but then I'll start some work. Just a quick note though, I'm only going to be able to keep this regularly updated for another two weeks since I'm going to university on the 20th. I'll still be around but I doubt I'll have much time to code. I'll release the source code before I go anyway so if anyone wants to continue then they can.

Also, for anyone whos got access to the beta, is this currently compatible?

gummbah

• World Citizen
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2008, 01:07:21 pm »

Personally if you have limited time I would prefer to have at least the volume leveling functionality. Without it it makes the mixing of library songs and streams quite unusable for me. The other functions are secondary to me.
Hope this helps.

gappie

« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2008, 02:40:46 pm »

Also, for anyone whos got access to the beta, is this currently compatible?
you better check yourself. 10 september there will be a version available on the 12 board. it could be that it is to early to tell now.

gab

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2008, 04:32:06 pm »

Personally if you have limited time I would prefer to have at least the volume leveling functionality. Without it it makes the mixing of library songs and streams quite unusable for me. The other functions are secondary to me.
Hope this helps.

That and preventing it from resetting if the buffer fails.  Could you setup a secondary buffer?

davjand

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2008, 05:22:19 pm »

@datdude, do you mean that if the download fails, start the autodj again?

I'm working on a volume levelling function, should be done before the end of the night (its 11 in the uk ;))

davjand

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: New Plugin: Last.Fm Auto DJ v1.1 beta (07/09/08)
« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2008, 06:17:22 pm »

Right that's volume levelling added, feedback is welcome!

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2008, 07:56:04 pm »

@datdude, do you mean that if the download fails, start the autodj again?

I'm working on a volume levelling function, should be done before the end of the night (its 11 in the uk ;))

No Just thinking of a way to prevent it from restarting, some sort of way to fake it out...

I guess a better question is, what is causing it to restart playback when this happens?

davjand

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2008, 03:57:50 am »

There are still a few minor bugs that cause playback to stop that I've been unable to track down so far.

Another sort of bug is that when the download is going too slow to keep up with playback then it will have to pause and buffer-this is normal. However when this happens I couldn't get it to resume from the same place that it left off so it just restarts the song - is this what you are referring to? I'll have a look at it anyway and see if I can find a way around it.

gummbah

• World Citizen
« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2008, 07:06:01 am »

All seems to work pretty fine so far. Volume leveling is doing an excellent job.
I only had one crash, when I wasn't even playing a song in MC, but it was the same netframework error I got earlier.
Next time it will happen I'll report the exact error here.

One issue I noticed was that when a song is played from my own library followed by a streamed song, the gap between artists is not respected. The same artist is played immediately after another, while I have a medium artist gap of 5 defined in the options.

Finally, streamed songs are automatically deleted from the now playing playlist. Is it possible to keep them in the playlist? So I can always check back which songs were played. I do not want to keep the temp files though.

davjand

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2008, 07:57:55 pm »

Hi, I forgot to add the removed recent artists etc code to the radio streaming function so I'll slip it in for the next version. There currently isn't an option to allow the songs to remain on now playing. When deleting files MC will throw errors if they are still on the now playing so the easiest way to allow you to look at songs would be to have a list on the radio pane of songs streamed.

I've not done much work yet but for the next version I'll just add the things mentioned above and implement a way of keeping files while deleting the temp files.

Anyone else got any feedback? Cheers

gummbah

• World Citizen
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2008, 12:58:35 am »

There currently isn't an option to allow the songs to remain on now playing. When deleting files MC will throw errors if they are still on the now playing so the easiest way to allow you to look at songs would be to have a list on the radio pane of songs streamed.

An option to delete files upon MC closure might be a good way to go?

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2008, 09:38:06 pm »

Might be a good idea to add in buttons for banning or loving a radio song?

davjand

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2008, 06:00:03 am »

As far as I know, there is no event fired when MC closes so I don't think that would work. However, clearing files on startup might be a good alternative.

Might be a good idea to add in buttons for banning or loving a radio song?

Do you mean that you want it to ban/love songs and communicate this to your last.fm profile?

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2008, 12:40:40 pm »

Yes.  This isn't that big of a deal, but would be a cool feature.

Besides that, I am hoping you can make it work for MC 13 now that it is released!

davjand

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2008, 12:58:23 pm »

I'll have a look at it when I can get my hands on it  ;) Only a few more hours anyway...

gummbah

• World Citizen
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2008, 11:59:17 am »

Hi Davjand, any news on progress?

Thanks!

davjand

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2008, 01:30:07 pm »

Hi, I've not had a huge amount of time this last week, had to finish another project and have been getting ready for uni!
I've finished version 1.2 which has a few bug fixes and improved keeping file logic - click to keep a file and copy it to a keep directory then import etc. I've just got to update the readme etc so I'll upload it in a few hours.

I would like to get some playlist generation feature added before the end of the week but I'm not sure I'll have time.

I've also been trying to get it working with MC13 but i think the problem is with MC13, I've updated the installer anyway so it should work with MC13 when j river find out what the problem is. This means that it will also work with media jukebox as well.

EDIT: Going to be tomorrow, just found a bug  >:(

gummbah

• World Citizen
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2008, 10:31:48 am »

Hi, sorry to come back again, but I am just hoping that you'll find the time to release the new version.
The fact that when the plugin switches between stream and library audio does not respect the limits for artist repetition is annoying.
Otherwise it is working like a charm.

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2008, 12:14:11 pm »

Any progress on getting this to work in MC13 ?
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2008, 08:16:33 pm »

Messiahs

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2008, 03:08:24 am »

Now solved in MC13.
But you have to save your values to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JRiver\Media Jukebox\Plugins\Interface\yourPlugin

... but if you click on a button a error is thrown.

M.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #86 on: October 03, 2008, 08:11:59 pm »

Except davjand never released the 1.2 version which is supposed to support MC13.  Messiahs, I copied the keys over and it does show up in the MC interface, but the tabs are all blank.

Messiahs

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #87 on: October 03, 2008, 09:19:16 pm »

@datdude
here is the same. The plugin now loads, but the tabs are blank too.
I think it's a MC13 bug. I also tested it with my own plugin... not the same behaviour ( my plugin throws an error when i click on a button.)

M.

davjand

• Junior Woodchuck
v1.2
« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2008, 03:11:34 pm »

See the first post.

Sorry but i haven't added support for not streaming the same artist etc as I've been busy. It should hopefullly support MC13 depending on j river as  it now adds the registry key that messiahs mentioned-also allowing it to work in MJ.

Not got a huge amount of time at the moment but let me know any problems/requests etc

I've also added the source if anyone wants to have a play etc.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
Re: New Plugin: Last.Fm Auto DJ v1.2
« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2008, 03:57:00 pm »

It now works with MC13,woo hooo!

I do get a .Net error every time I first access the plugin but if I hit continue, I am able to save changes.

davjand

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2008, 04:12:27 pm »

I've had a brief look at the error, the main problem is that it causes my debugger to crash as well and I don't have anytime to investigate further. Could people please tell me if other interface plugins get the same error as if this is the case then it is probably a bug in MC13 and hence nothing i can do about it. I don't really want to spend ages trying to find a bug if its in MC13!

Thanks for the headsup anyway!

gummbah

• World Citizen
Re: v1.2
« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2008, 01:30:11 am »

Sorry but i haven't added support for not streaming the same artist etc as I've been busy.

I understand, though I still hope we'd see this soon.
Maybe I have a look myself, and this could be the start of a new carreer (I only programmed quickbasic in the 80s) :)
In what language is this written?
Or maybe someone else could fix it?

davjand

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #92 on: October 06, 2008, 11:15:08 am »

It's writtin in c#

For any programmers out there the problem is that i have two data structures - one for tracks recieved for streaming and one for tracks that are currently in the library. However i only have a function to remove recently played artists for the second of the data structures. All that needs to be done is create a copy of this function and rewrite a few parts of it for the other data structure. I think it is the helper source file. I will look into it when i get time but i have very little at the moment!

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #93 on: October 06, 2008, 10:55:59 pm »

davjand,

What do these log statements mean?

AutoDj is already running, cancelled new AutoDj
AutoDj is already running, cancelled new AutoDj

I played several songs in a row, it picked several, then I think I picked a new one in the middle of a dj picked one and then nothing happened.  The only way to get it to work again was to restart MC.

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #94 on: October 11, 2008, 03:06:17 am »

I can confirm that with the latest build of MC13 this wonderfull plugin is now working.

davjand

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2008, 01:20:36 pm »

That is good news!

@datdude

That logging message is a little bit deceiving: Due to the nature of the plugin and the fact that essentially two dj's can run at once (one streaming a track, one getting a new track etc), every time an event is fired, ie track is skipped/track is changed etc then the dj assumes that a new dj needs to be run. It then checks that one needs to be run and that message is seen when one isn't needed. I hope that makes sense, it essentially just a consequence of the structure of the plugin.

There are a few bugs that crop up with the dj just stopping and I've encountered them a few times. However as they aren't consistent it makes it very difficult to debug. If you ever get to a position where you can repeat an individual bug then please give me details. To find out more about the problem you can increase the logging level to 2 or 3 to get more details.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2008, 12:40:30 am »

Will do.  It doesn't happen all the time for me either.

tboy34

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Tim
« Reply #97 on: November 14, 2008, 05:29:59 pm »

Is this compatable with Media 13? I can't seem to install it.
tvk

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2008, 01:02:16 am »

Is this compatable with Media 13? I can't seem to install it.

As you can see in the posts above, it is compatoble with MC13.

The only thing you have to do is change the install path to "Media Center 13" in stead of the prefilled in "Media Center 12".
(it will prompt you for the path during installation)

tboy34

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Tim
« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2008, 04:27:24 am »

The only thing you have to do is change the install path to "Media Center 13" in stead of the prefilled in "Media Center 12".
(it will prompt you for the path during installation)

But I cannot find the link for it, and I'm not sure how to install it. I tried to install it and got an error message in media 13. Would you be kind enough to tell how to install it. I need another download for it.
tvk
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up