INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adjust Previous Track Button Behavior  (Read 1197 times)

TreeFrog77

• Junior Woodchuck
Adjust Previous Track Button Behavior
« on: August 01, 2008, 12:41:28 pm »

I'm sorry if this has been discussed, as I couldn't find anything by searching.

Is there a way to adjust the behavior of the previous track button/function?  Specifically, I would like to adjust the amount of time playing into the current track, pressing the previous button would take you back to the previous track.  For my purposes, I need that to be longer.  I have keypads throughout the house and 9 times out of 10 when I go over to the keypad to play the last track again, it just keeps starting the current track over.  The only way to get it to go back is to press it twice very quickly and I can only really get it right about half the time.

Didn't know if there might be a setting somewhere.  Thanks!

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Adjust Previous Track Button Behavior
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 02:29:04 pm »

There's a setting that makes it 'always play the previous track'

Find it at "Tools > Options > General > Behaviour"

-marko

TreeFrog77

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 03:03:58 pm »

There's a setting that makes it 'always play the previous track'

Find it at "Tools > Options > General > Behaviour"

-marko

Hum... well, that would just cause a different situation.  I get towards the end of the song and want to hear it again... press previous and instead of starting the track over, it would go to the previous.  I do know that sometimes music will be playing in the house while I'm outside... I'll walk in and there will be a song playing about halfway through I like and I want to start it over.

I guess I'll just have to pick one way or the other.

Thanks for the tip.

damian_pentney

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 04:11:58 pm »

treefrog....you're not alone. I (still) have the same experience when controlling from MC direct.... but for remote I use FireFly and the Girder interface so I was able to come up with a comprimise solution through programming an event macro in Girder (which rapid fires 2 x 'prev track' command to MC)....obviously have to map this to a separate button on the remote than the standard 'prev track' to get the functionality of both options.
Pages: [1]   Go Up