INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging and Volume issues  (Read 1019 times)

oldnewbie

• Recent member
Tagging and Volume issues
« on: August 05, 2008, 06:50:23 am »

Hi,
the last time I used this forum was over 5 years ago, back when we had to use a plugin for the iPod (which was greyscale and had at max 20gb for $499) in order to sync it with the Media Jukebox.
I just checked out the JRiver Jukebox 12.
I think it is great! So I feel like a newbie again. Quite a bit has changed and I am glad to see that someone is still keeping the west safe.
I did run into a couple of problems however and would really appreciate if someone could help me out a bit.

1. I used to be able to (with the Media Jukebox), list some special info out of the ID3v2.3 tags which I had entered (for instance I had a field called: "Backed-Up?" after which I would list if and when I had done that, or a field: "Male or Female Artist" which showed "Male" "Female" or "Both", as well as a field: "Mood". Interestingly (and thankfully) Mood is a field that I could very easily see and list in the new Media Jukebox 12, the others are still all stored in the file (for instance as "COMM (Male or Female Artist): Male"), but I can't get them to show up in the library list. Is it because the item is not one word as in Mood?
I can give you an example:

MPEG-1 Layer 3
128 Kbit CBR
44.1 Khz Joint stereo

Copyrighted: No
Original: Yes
Protected by CRC: No
Encoder: <unknown>
Gapless: No

ID3v1 Tag: none

ID3v2.3 Tag: (2038 bytes)
  TLEN (Length): 0
  COMM (Tool Name): Media Jukebox
  COMM (Tool Version): 9.0.88
  COMM (Backed-Up?): No
  COMM (Replay Gain): -9.80312
  COMM (Peak Level): 0.97263
  TPE1 (Lead performer(s)): Frank Sinatra
  COMM (MusicMatch_Mood): Uplifting
  COMM (Male or Female Art..): Male
  TBPM (BPM (beats per min..): 63
  TIT2 (Title): All or Nothing at All
  TCON (Content type): Pop
  TYER (Year): 1930
  COMM (Rating): 2
  COMM (Intensity): 2

with this I can see and list almost all attributes except the ones mentioned above.

2. Another problem (which I may have caused) is that all songs have a low volume. I tried it with both my pc and an iPod 2gen nano and it never got as loud as the original CD track. I think this may be related to me trying to apply a replay gain or sound levelling to my entire library before backing up. At the time (over 5 years ago) I thought it would be a good idea not to have to readjust the volume for each new album (especially since some new albums have increased dramatically in loudness).
Now my question can I undo this somehow? I noticed that my tags have a Replay Gain and a Peak Level field maybe I can somehow resolve that.

3. Lastly I tried to add an album cover and set the Media Jukebox so that it would write it into the tag. However it also created an ID3v1 Tag, which I had avoided previously in favor of an ID3v2.3 tag. Can I somehow set Media Jukebox not to create such a 3v1 tag and only use my previous v2.3 tags instead? If so will all my entered information be lost when Media Jukebox overwrites the v2.3 tag when I add something (for instance a cover art pic)?

Oh and one minor thing, I could never figure out: the old Media Jukebox sometimes created a ".XXXXXX" file that was named like a normal mp3 song (which I had) but with the XXXXXX ending the original song remained normal but I suddenly had another 0byte sized file named like that. Again it happened seldom and I kept the file during backups but never knew why it was made in the first place.

Thanks so much in advance for your help.

The old newbie.
Pages: [1]   Go Up