INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request: Stop podcast keywords being stored in database  (Read 1215 times)

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Request: Stop podcast keywords being stored in database
« on: August 06, 2008, 03:44:03 am »

I am very meticulous with my tagging and try to keep things organised.  But I also like to download podcasts which unfortunately often carry with them hideously unnecessary keywords lists which are then dumped straight into my library...

Can we get an option to disable podcasts from importing their keywords into the library please? 

Many thanks,

Mark

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
Re: Request: Stop podcast keywords being stored in database
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 08:47:23 am »

Can you give me more details? Is it that the keyword lists show up when you tag other content, making you search for the keywords YOU entered (rather than the keywords that came with the podcast content)?

Give a podcast example, then show how it goes wrong.

Thanks,

j

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 08:57:47 am »

Hi John,

The problem is that podcasts come with their own keywords as entered by the podcast author and these then get added to our library's own list when you download the podcast.  So if you then want to edit the keyword tags in your own collection or bring up views based around keywords you find them polluted with unknown tags which have been imported from podcasts...

The most recent Interstellar Overdrive podcast http://homepage.mac.com/joelcraig23/podcast/podcast.html had the following keywords:

Alley;art;artists;Audio;com;Craig;Floyd;Hijack;indie;Interstellar;Joel;Lounge;melancholy;modern;
Nicecast;Overdrive;Pink;Pod;Podcast;Pro;progressive;progrock;rock;Symphonic;The

(What a bunch of useless keywords!)

All of which are now part of my library, at least until I delete this episode...

Some podcasts I never delete and thus their keywords will remain until I remove them.

So what I'd like to see is an option to ignore keywords (and possibly any fields) in podcasts (and perhaps other files) when imported to avoid my own hard work being polluted?

Does that make sense??

Cheers,

Mark

rjm

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 02:23:10 pm »

I also would like to see this option. Perhaps it could be generalized to disable all the other crap that often comes with Podcasts such as Composer and Notes. I currently manually edit every podcast I download to keep my library nice and tidy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up