INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help to remove PixOS mini placeholder  (Read 4416 times)

Pogle

• Junior Woodchuck
Help to remove PixOS mini placeholder
« on: August 07, 2008, 04:52:06 am »

Hi  :)
Can somebody please tell me how to control the positions of the Author, Album, etc. labels in this screenshot?

I want to move them to the left so you can read the longer names, but they seem to be blocked by some sort of placeholder. I've removed references to AV in main.js so now the image doesn't appear in this position. I've also removed the PLACEHOLDER tags from main.xml vid window section. It would appear that you shoud be able to control the label positions in this section too using the Rect attributes but it's not having any effect. What am I missing?

Any help appreciated.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Att. Doof -- Re: Help to remove PixOS mini placeholder
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 02:53:18 pm »

I checked the code, but I really didn't understand how it works in this case.

Maybe Doof sees this thread and can help...
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Pogle

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Help to remove PixOS mini placeholder
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 03:53:07 pm »

Thanks for checking Alex
I feel better about not being able to do it now  ;)

Perhaps the Creator will notice.
Doof! Oh Doo-oof!

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 11:54:11 pm »

Oh boy... you have any idea how long it's been since I worked on that? Let's see if I can figure out how it's all put together again. :)

After looking at it quickly, it looks like you're in the right area (<INFODISPLAYS>). IIRC, the Rect values go Left , Top, Right, Bottom, so if you changed the TrackInfo="ARTIST" line from Rect="88,34,214,46" to Rect="58,34,214,46" that should theoretically move that over 30 pixels to the left, but still keep the right hand side where it is, thus making it longer.

If that doesn't work, I'll try to find some time to actually fire it up and try to figure it out. I do remember that I had to keep switching to different skins, or switch out of mini-view and back in order to see the changes. And I used to run into all kinds of weirdness with the state.xml file. It would keep remembering old settings and whatnot, so I got into the habit of deleting it in between attempts. :P

Pogle

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 05:56:46 pm »

Hey thanks Doof. Really appreciate your help.  :)
I tried that rectangle thing and it just doesn't work. There's also state.xml which seems to remember settings from.... something. I tried changing the rectangle there too but no luck.

Thing is I do like this skin. I just want to be able to see the basic information without the marquee effect. I went through loads of skins, but not many do the basic things well.

One other thing. On the playlist view the track names are preceded by the artist. As a result the track names often scroll off the right and you just see the same artist name right down the column. I guess this might useful for mixed playlists but for albums it'd be good to see the tracks first. Is there a way to remove the artist name or swap its position?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 06:54:37 am »

IIRC, the playlist display is controlled solely by MC. There's no way for the skin to control what information is displayed, only where to put it and what size it is. The skin was a port from a WMP skin that PixOS made. All I did was take their image files and then rewrite the code so that it worked in MC. Unfortunately, not everything fits so well. :P

Pogle

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 07:12:05 am »

Thanks Doof. I suspected that was the case for the playlist.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 11:41:01 am »

Ok, I got it. I edited the .js file as well as the .xml file (not sure if I had to but I did - there were some references to the AV placeholder so I commented those lines out). I also found that none of the changes to the .xml file worked until I deleted the state.xml file from the skin directory.

So I'm attaching the new main.js and main.xml files to this post. Make sure MC isn't in mini-view, copy these two files into your skin directory and delete the state.xml file that resides there. Then switch to mini-view and you should be all set.

Pogle

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 01:27:27 pm »

Yay!  :D That's it.
In fact I went back to my skin and deleted state.xml and it worked too so I don't feel quite so dim any more..
Many thanks Doof. Really appreciate your taking time to help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up