INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: get play stats from handheld  (Read 1332 times)

mabes

• Galactic Citizen
get play stats from handheld
« on: August 07, 2008, 10:31:54 am »

Is there a list of players for which this works? It doesn't for my Samsung P2 but when I get a new player it must have this feature. I primarily want it for podcasts, what I would like to happen is this-

I only listen to podcasts at work, so I would like to come home, have MC set to sync when connected, and then have it delete any podcasts which have a play count of 1. Or at least not sync podcasts that have been played that day. Will that work, will it recognize podcasts played that day and then convey that to the new sync list for the next day?

mabes

• Galactic Citizen
Re: get play stats from handheld
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 05:25:11 pm »

Well I came up with a workaround, not for podcasts but for songs that will add a "virtual" playcount, might be of interest to some. I only really need play stats for my mixes, if I want to listen to an entire album I don't care if I've heard some of the songs recently.

So for my 5 star mix, and others, once the songs come up in the smartlist, sorted randomly, I select all and add the comment "Recently Synched 1". I'll then listen to the entire list of songs, and it's not hard to remember where I left off in a given day. Once I've gone through the entire list, I'll then sync again picking only songs that don't have that comment and add the comment "Recently Synched 2", (then 3, 4 etc) to those and repeat the process. Eventually all songs will have a comment, and then I'll start all over with the "Recently Synched 1" list.

Should be able to go weeks without hearing the same song twice.

Phydeaux

• World Citizen
  • No comment... ;)
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 02:08:25 am »

I have the scenario described above working on my iPod... as for other players?
"Evil will always triumph over Good because Good is dumb." -- Spaceballs

mabes

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 03:47:55 pm »

I have the scenario described above working on my iPod... as for other players?

I believe you can give songs ratings on the iPod, does this get copied back to the main MC library?
Pages: [1]   Go Up