INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows Home Server lock.jmd error  (Read 1732 times)

mnkynifefite

Windows Home Server lock.jmd error
« on: August 07, 2008, 12:34:35 pm »

So I have MC12 running on a box that also runs MainLobby Server. All my music resides on a Windows Home Server box (running witht the latest power pack that fixes the "corruption" bug). I have MC12's media libraries pointed at \\SERVER\Music (the share on the WHS box). Ever since I started using MC12 I get warning messages from my WHS box saying-

Conflict: The File is Open
Name: lock.jmd

When I got to Micsosofts "How Do I fix conflicts" help it says the following-

If you have file conflicts, you can use the following information to try to resolve the issue:

The file is open
Close any application that may have opened this file. This could be an application that is running on your home computers or an add-in on your home server.

Does MC12 need this file to work? Any work arounds? If I close MC12 the conflict goes away, but I need it running all the time. While both MC12 and WHS seem to run fine, I hate having WHS keep nagging me with "Network at Risk" messages.

Please help.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Windows Home Server lock.jmd error
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 01:39:43 pm »

The purpose of the lock.jmd file is to inform other MC instances that the library is already opened by the first MC12 instance. When a library is opened by the first MC12 instance the lock.jmd file is created automatically. When this instance is closed the lock.jmd file is removed.

When the lock.jmd file exists new MC12 instances switch to read-only mode and use a temporary copy of the library (i.e. the library files are copied to a temporary location and used from there).

I don't know why your server SW doesn't like this system. I use standard file sharing on XP and I have not seen that warning.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up