INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I've lost "cut and paste" ability after upgrade to MC  (Read 2208 times)

rrrobinsonjr

• Recent member
I've lost "cut and paste" ability after upgrade to MC
« on: August 03, 2008, 01:04:56 pm »

I've used Media Jukebox for a LONG time.  Loved it.  I upgraded to Media Center shortly after its release and I'm frustrated that they still have not fixed the cut and paste feature.

In MJ I was able to edit very long playlists easily by just right-clicking on a particular song cutting it (cut and paste both appeared in the fly-out menu), and then pasting it in another location in the list.

Now the cut and paste are only in the main drop down menu and it doesn't work the same way it did in MJ.  It pastes the song at the end of the playlist instead of the new selected location in the playlist.

In order to move a song, I have to drag is all the way up or down the list.

I'm I the only one who used this feature?  Will it be fixed?  It there a workaround?

jack wallstreet

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: I've lost "cut and paste" ability after upgrade to MC
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 01:51:48 pm »

cut and paste is on the right click (under edit).  It does not seem to reliably paste where it is supposed to.  I got it to work sometimes, but not reliably, usually it appends to the end, but sometimes elsewhere.
John

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 01:53:05 pm »

Use ctrl-x and ctrl-v: it'll paste wherever the cursor is.

rrrobinsonjr

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 03:02:40 pm »

Use ctrl-x and ctrl-v: it'll paste wherever the cursor is.

Thanks, that does work (kind of).  It's very fussy though.  It doesn't work between playlists, only within the same playlist.  And if you make one wrong click, it won't repaste predictably.  It's not as reliable as the old way.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 03:14:52 pm »

Drag and drop also works.

rrrobinsonjr

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 05:07:05 pm »

Drag and drop also works.

Dragging from one playlist to another sends the song to the bottom of the list.

Dragging within a list is what I'm trying to avoid.  The playlist is long and its a pain to do it that way.

Why can't I just have an intuitive right-click cut, right-click paste into the new position like I did with Jukebox??

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 06:44:51 pm »

Thanks, that does work (kind of).  It's very fussy though.  It doesn't work between playlists, only within the same playlist.  And if you make one wrong click, it won't repaste predictably.  It's not as reliable as the old way.

It does work between playlists, although the list window must be reselected (i.e. click somewhere) after selecting the playlist in the tree.

No problems with reliability here, though I've not tested it extensively.

The 'right click, edit -> copy & paste' method seems to work in the same way, although that's not much good as obviously you move the cursor while getting to paste...it would be more sensible if it pasted where you right clicked.

rrrobinsonjr

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 08:56:59 pm »

...it would be more sensible if it pasted where you right clicked.

Precisely.  That's what it did when it was Media Jukebox.  It seems so obvious.  I guess there are not many people who used that feature like I did.  I just don't see why they had to change it.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 03:11:24 am »

Precisely.  That's what it did when it was Media Jukebox.  It seems so obvious.  I guess there are not many people who used that feature like I did.  I just don't see why they had to change it.

Never knew you could copy+paste within the PN list, seems you learn new things every day :D

this is very handy to know when shifting things around in a long PN list, as dragging up or down is much slower in comparison.

Playing around with ctrl+x and ctrl+v does seem to work the way i want but i think it should be optional to right click and use the menu to get the job done. Not an entry in the options dialog but rather either way should work.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 12:06:02 pm »

In a coming build:
Fixed: Pasting using right-click menu > Edit > Paste would not honor the right-click position.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 01:26:32 pm »

In a coming build:
Fixed: Pasting using right-click menu > Edit > Paste would not honor the right-click position.

We've moved 529 to our downloads page. 

No more bugs will be fixed unless they are "show stoppers".

?
Pages: [1]   Go Up