INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: YADB CD lookup questions  (Read 7389 times)

KorkyKat

• Recent member
YADB CD lookup questions
« on: August 11, 2008, 10:03:10 am »

"YADB Online Database
YADB is an on-line database of user-submitted CD & DVD information. The database is extensive, and automatically populates many fields, including Artist, Album, Track Number, and Genre.

To enable these options, go to Tools > Options > CD & DVD."

So I go to Tools - Options and there is nothing there to enable!

I get  "The CD Lokup Failed"

Lookup track info also fails.

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: YADB - Again!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 10:23:20 am »

What CD are you looking up? -- j

KorkyKat

• Recent member
Re: YADB - Again!
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 10:54:15 am »

The Beatles - 1962/1966

:)

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
Re: YADB CD lookup questions
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 11:07:44 am »

That should be there. Are you connected to the Internet?

Can you run a network sniff and e-mail it to me ( gateley @ jriver.com )? There's instructions here:
http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Sharing_Plug-in_Debugging_Hints

j

KorkyKat

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 05:56:05 pm »

I used John's tip (Thank You John) on Media Juke Box - same thing. I found that McAfee had knocked out the connection although it didn't knock out the forum! Now that it is sorted it can still be a hit and miss affair. I have tried various other players and they too have their hits and misses.

What would be good would be the facility to copy/paste a full album and it's tracks in one go from another source straight into MC or MJB. As it is, I can only see having to input them by typing or cut/paste one at a time which is a pain.

But be cheerful Try inputting a very old, four cd classical set with very long names. Oh dear!

:)

Dzikus

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 11:56:05 pm »

I am new user with a lots of problems. Foutunately, after almost 4 hours of working diligintly some problems are disappearing.

The one that does not want to go away is THE CD LOOKUP FAILED; then, I do no get info for the artist, album, genre, etc. I was using the same CD in Itunes and everything worked just perfect; all info of all songs were displayed right away. SO why not in this beautiful media jukebox....

I even unstalled v12; now I have just finished installing v12.0.48. The problem is still there.

Please, be patient with me. I am old retired man trying to get some fun with music. Somebody can help me, please

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 09:42:53 am »

The one that does not want to go away is THE CD LOOKUP FAILED; then, I do no get info for the artist, album, genre, etc. I was using the same CD in Itunes and everything worked just perfect; all info of all songs were displayed right away. SO why not in this beautiful media jukebox....
If it always happens, it's probably a firewall problem.  Tell your firewall to allow MJ.

Dzikus

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 06:14:50 pm »

Thank you. I told my firewall to allow MJ. It works much better now. I don't need to be in my Admin Acct and all my brand new CDs work just fine. Several other messages stop showing up too. However, it seems that the problem persists when I am trying to play copies of CDs.

I have an iPod and I was using iTunes, where both brand new CDs and copies of CDs were working just fine. Any ideas how to fix this issue?

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2008, 08:04:42 pm »

I don't understand: what is not working for CD copies?

j

Dzikus

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 11:03:27 pm »

I have some CDs that were ripped or copied from my original CDs or from family's CDs. When using my original CDs, MJ populates correctly the fields; Artist, Album, Track Number, Genre, etc. When playing the ripped copies, I get "The CD Lokup Failed" message and the fields are not populated. Hope I explained myself better this time.

Thanks.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2008, 08:46:36 am »

Are the CDs exact copies of the originals? If so, they should work. If not, they probably won't work....

("Exact" means the same tracks in the same order, not bitperfect)

j

Dzikus

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2008, 07:09:28 pm »

They are. I guess I have to submit the CD's info to the YADB. I have another question, can I rip a CD and encode it in one single step? I'd love to have .FLAC files for archival purposes and .MP3 files for portability purposes? If so, do I need to buy anything? I tried to use MP3 Encoder, but I got a message telling me that I need to pay $9.99 to be able to use it.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2008, 09:04:04 pm »

If they are exact copies, it should work. I don't know why it wouldn't. This is a standard CD you are burning, right? Something you could play in your car CD player or your friends CD player?

If you want to encode anything to MP3 with Media Jukebox, you have to purchase the encoder.

j

Dzikus

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2008, 09:34:36 pm »

Yes, I can play them in iTunes, in my car, and in my home sound system. What I am doing at this moment is using iTunes to cream .WAV files, then, I use MJ to read them. Thus, MJ populates the fields without any problem. "The CD lookp failed" message does not show up any longer.

Do I have to by the Media Center version for $39.98? Will I be able to create .FLAC and .MP3 files at the same time?

DopeyJones

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2009, 06:21:27 am »

I think it's kinda strange how submitted changes to a CD I've manually entered, won't show up days after when I insert the CD again. Is it just slow or do I have to edit CD details another way than Library tools - Submit info to YADB?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2009, 06:52:50 am »

Right-click the CD drive icon in the tree and select "submit to online database". The update should be immediate.

You can also allow automatic CD lookup/submission in the options (Options > General > Online Metadata). However, the exact moment of the automatic submission is not indicated. I prefer to do it manually when I am sure that all info is correct.

The "submit track info" library tool is not the same. It is for submitting info about individual audio tracks that exist in the library. It does not include info that is needed for identifying audio CD discs.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

DopeyJones

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2009, 12:42:26 pm »

Ah, thanks for that :). I've tried 'Submit to online database' via Drives & Devices instead. Hope this will do, as my previous changes didn't show up anywhere.
Pages: [1]   Go Up