INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FLAC with embedded cue & artwork  (Read 1761 times)

Foz

• Recent member
FLAC with embedded cue & artwork
« on: August 14, 2008, 03:37:36 pm »

I have started a project to embed my FLAC files with the cue & artwork.  I keep each album then a single file.
Artist - [Year] Title.flac

MJ & MC import the files as a single element, with only one listing, not broken down in to the individual tracks.
I did have it working correctly when each album was a seperate cue, flac & jpg.  But this seemed untidy.

I don't believe from digging around that MC or MJ supports internal cue files in this way, but was wondering if I am missing something, or if it was a feature being thought about by anyone?

TIA

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: FLAC with embedded cue & artwork
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 04:18:27 pm »

I have started a project to embed my FLAC files with the cue & artwork.

Why?

MC12 does not support embedded cue sheets.

As a workaround, you could keep the external cue files until the track details are imported to the library. MC does not use the cue files after the virtual tracks are created.

Personally, I don't undestand how a small cue file inside the file folder would make things untidy.

In general, standard separate track files would be a more compatible way to store audio CDs. MC's Library Server and most HW devices do not support the disc image + cue format.

I store my archived rips in an album image + cue format on backup drives, but in my MC library I use converted track files.

Only those rare CDs that have a hidden track before the track one (in the pregap) actually need the album image format if there is a need to recreate the complete CD (in this case EAC or CDRWin is needed for burning the image). To play such a track on a PC it must be separated manually (e.g. by creating a custom cue sheet and converting the first track to a separate file).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Foz

• Recent member
Re: FLAC with embedded cue & artwork
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 02:59:54 am »

It's just a personal preference.

So far two out of the three software packages I use support this, so JRiver is the odd one out in my mind.
Squeezecenter works perfectly as does Foobar 2000.

I currently have just have each band as a directory, and the files within that.  If you have 3+ files per album, and 10 albums in a directory it gets harder to read.  I could have each album in a directory, but that then replicates what I have with, but with a little more work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up