INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recording Internet Streams: Bitrate Settings...?  (Read 743 times)

chaznet

• World Citizen
Recording Internet Streams: Bitrate Settings...?
« on: August 18, 2008, 04:18:47 am »

I subscribe to DI.fm and discovered that I could use MC12 to record the streams.  I'm using v12.0.529 of MC.

I'm trying it out with a WMA128 stream.  I'm selecting to play and record the stream for 60 minutes.  It starts up fine, but doesn't play -- just records, so I'm thinking I must just be misunderstanding the checkbox to play while recording?

The resulting file is 128 kbps; WMA 9.2; VBR Quality 75; 44kHz, stereo 1-pass vbr.  I thought I'd change the setting to a 'quality 100' maybe, but couldn't find a setting anywhere that had an effect on this.  Is the recording an actual copy of the stream, and those are the bitrate settings going out from DI.fm?

I also just discovered on the test recording that while I can play it, it's not possible to skip to another part of the track -- it will only play and there's no track length info.  If I pull up the properties for the file, it shows a 00:00 as the length, which is wrong.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up