INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC12 as remote jukebox...  (Read 1552 times)

audioviking

MC12 as remote jukebox...
« on: August 18, 2008, 09:19:36 pm »

Here is a scenario were are looking into. Please tell me your thought/ideas/suggestions...

A bar/music venue that has a wide variety of music and clientele. The standard jukebox was always a pain,so it was removed. We simply hook an iPod into the PA for now, however with untrained hands this becomes a real liablity. So...

A dedicated PC running MC12 with >400GB HD plus along with a Firewire external drive for backup .This PC would be in the office, in an as smoke free environment as possible. It will feed the audio to PA and/or house speakers.

We run a second PC out front with the staff able to bring up playlists and such via  Run Remote Server.  Playlists and such we can defined as they can remotely. We simply put an icon for them to bring up things on their end. Sinatra and old country for the happy hour folks to hair metal for the later crowds...

My questions:

-Can we lock down the main PC and MC12 so that only playlists can be builtvia the remote PC's  and nothing else messed with? if not, can the settings be saved such as the views and such?

-if a third PC connect to the Remote Server, is it now in charge? That would be the case when the sound man takes over audio and needs to change playlists for that nights shows and takes control via a third PC.

-Can MC12 somehow allow the video from the Visualizations to be Always On via  an S-video or other decent quality output? seperate from the menu and  playlists? Lets say that we want to change a song, the visuals are going, and clicking on another song inthe list,we seamlessly go to another Visuals...all without loosing the visuals feed, unless we stop or pause....We want the video to fees a projector onto a side wall  to show the indie artists we plan on showcasing between sets. ( another thread)

Thanks!
Viking

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC12 as remote jukebox...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 08:53:43 am »

-Can MC12 somehow allow the video from the Visualizations to be Always On via  an S-video or other decent quality output? seperate from the menu and  playlists? Lets say that we want to change a song, the visuals are going, and clicking on another song inthe list,we seamlessly go to another Visuals...all without loosing the visuals feed, unless we stop or pause....We want the video to fees a projector onto a side wall  to show the indie artists we plan on showcasing between sets. ( another thread)

This can be done now if you have multiple displays. All you have to do is 'detach the display', and drag the resulting video window onto the screen you want to sue for visualisations. You can then maximise the display window to fill it. Now you can work on your files on the other screen while visualisations are shown on the display screen.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC12 as remote jukebox...
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 09:25:10 am »

Remote Server runs a web server in MC and you can connect to it with any PC by using a web browser. 

I've never tried it with two PC's, but I think either one should be able to control it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up