INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug?Shuffle off - music still shuffled?  (Read 1583 times)

rogueblue

• World Citizen
Bug?Shuffle off - music still shuffled?
« on: August 19, 2008, 12:50:56 pm »

When I'm listening to a playlist, and at a certain point decide to switch "shuffle off", the Playing now remains shuffled.
Isn't it supposed to go back to standard playing mode?
I do this when I happen to come across an artist or album that I decide I'd like to hear the rest of.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Bug?Shuffle off - music still shuffled?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 12:56:35 pm »

When I'm listening to a playlist, and at a certain point decide to switch "shuffle off", the Playing now remains shuffled.
Isn't it supposed to go back to standard playing mode?

No.  There's no way to undo a shuffle.  Remember that you can manually change a playlist order after a shuffle, making undo ambiguous.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rogueblue

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 01:07:45 pm »

No.  There's no way to undo a shuffle.  Remember that you can manually change a playlist order after a shuffle, making undo ambiguous.

Hi Matt

OK! Silly question probably, but what's the easiest way to achieve manually what I want ... to be able to carry on from a specific artist or album?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 02:10:28 pm »

For instance, you could create a second zone for that. You can use zones even if you have only one sound card. Just create a new zone which uses the same output device.

When you have a second zone you can stop playback in the Zone 1 > right-click the track > select Locate: Album (or Artist) > select the album (or tracks) > right-click > Send to Play (Zone 2)

The old suffled list will stay in the Zone 1 so you can always return to it. You can add the Zones button to the top toolbar for switching zones easily.

Alternatively you could gather the tracks to a standard playlist in a desired order before playing them in the suffled Playing Now list. Then you could always go back to the saved playlist and play what you want -- perhaps in the Zone 2, if you want to continue the suffled playlist at a later time.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

rogueblue

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 09:42:21 pm »

Thanks!Got it.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up