INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any good reason, why a playlist can not be shuffled by using CTRL_R ?  (Read 1068 times)

JochenH

HI, I am new to MC12 and did not find this using search.....

I use MC12 (build 529 on Vista SP1) with a remote control and EventGhost - hence I need a hot-key to execute a shuffle command. While I can reshuffle PLAY NOW using the CTRL_R command, it does not work on a playlist. Normal playlists can be reshuffled by the shuffle button, but smartlist can not be reshuffled at all.

Questions:

1) Is there a good reason why I can not reshuffle a playlist using the CTRL_R key?

2) Why can smartlist not be reshuffled?

Any hint is appreciated
Jo

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Any good reason, why a playlist can not be shuffled by using CTRL_R ?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 02:26:09 pm »

I don't know about standard playlists, but you can set a smartlist to "suffle" on each refresh.

For instance: [Rating]=>=4 [Media Type]=[audio] ~sort=Random

You would just need to go away from the list and reselect it to see the tracks in a different, random order.

EDIT

The Ctrl+R shortcut is only for the Playing Now list. The menu command to suffle a static playlist does not have shortcut.

As a workaround, you can create a smartlist that contains files only from a certain playlist (or playlists) and set the smartlist to suffle.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up