INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: adjusting photo time taken  (Read 1270 times)

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
adjusting photo time taken
« on: August 23, 2008, 06:53:18 am »

I saw a post from back in 2004 about a feature request to be able to adjust the time taken of a photo, specifically to handle the case where the timezone setting in the camera is wrong (e.g., you go on vacation to a distant land). That post didn't have much of a followup, but I was wondering if there is anyway to do this in MC now.

Interestingly, from the Windows Vista Photo Gallery there is this function, but it doesn't seem to adjust tags in a way that MC can read.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: adjusting photo time taken
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 07:06:56 am »

Vista may be adjusting one of the other dates.  There are several.  Created, modified, etc.  All can be displayed in MC.

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 07:11:27 am »

I saw a post from back in 2004 about a feature request to be able to adjust the time taken of a photo, specifically to handle the case where the timezone setting in the camera is wrong (e.g., you go on vacation to a distant land). That post didn't have much of a followup, but I was wondering if there is anyway to do this in MC now.

Interestingly, from the Windows Vista Photo Gallery there is this function, but it doesn't seem to adjust tags in a way that MC can read.
im using exifpro to change times on pictures. works nice.

recently there was a small thread about this subject.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=47195.msg324419;topicseen#msg324419

:)
gab

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 09:01:14 am »

I managed to get MC to use the field Vista was adjusting; it's MC's "Date" field. The issue was that I'd imported into MC (or it auto-imported) before I adjusted in Vista. When I did an Update Library (from tags) it got the new date.

It'd still be nice if MC had this functionality built-in.
Pages: [1]   Go Up