INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice re. slight mods to SolidNoire  (Read 1198 times)

vbrook

• Junior Woodchuck
Advice re. slight mods to SolidNoire
« on: August 25, 2008, 10:16:57 pm »

Hi,

I like the look of Solid Noire, compared to the standard version of it, especially because the tabs are easier to see. (I may be suffering from premature ageing of the eyes...)

There are a few more mods I'd like to make to it myself. I went through the skinning tutorial and SDK. Admittedly, that was quite an adventure, as I've never worked with code of any sort before! But nonetheless I was able to make some small changes to graphics, changing the play button colour, et cetera.   

Further to that, I wondered whether anyone could point me in the right direction re. the following, all related to the Library Browser view (in order of importance to me):

1) Bigger scroll bars (especially the vertical scroll bar). I find the current size difficult to manipulate and too small relative to the rest of the interface.

2) Bigger, more prominent left/right arrow buttons (and refresh).

3) Bigger buttons on the volume and location sliders.

In 1), 2) and 3) above, I tried enlarging the image itself---no change, and I tried modifying the margins ("margins=") to absurdly large numbers---still no change.

4) More of a "wish": a) the transport (play/stop/forward/rewind + location slider) and volume slider at the bottom of the screen, b) transport and volume toolbar dockable.

Is there a good web resource on XML that would help? Is it a simple change somewhere that I'm missing? Or, is this all potentially over my (novice, time-strapped) head.

Cheers,
VBrook

davjand

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Advice re. slight mods to SolidNoire
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 06:19:05 am »

I haven't tried any Media Centre Skinning but w3schools is a good xml resource
Pages: [1]   Go Up