INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Convert .ape breaks cue  (Read 1319 times)

JONCAT

Convert .ape breaks cue
« on: August 26, 2008, 09:27:43 am »

I ran a batch convert on my .ape "high encoded" files (so my Cowon D2 will play them as Normal) and many cue files are broken. They have one file which plays and all the rest are trashed. They import after being removed but then "break" and won't play. I can provide more info when I return home. Is this a known issue?

DC

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Convert .ape breaks cue
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 10:58:56 am »

If you just converted the main ape file (disc image file) from High to Normal the cue file is as good as before.

If you are speaking about the already imported cue tracks I guess Auto-Import could do something wrong if you have set it to update for external changes and the main file changes. I wouldn't recommend having that option enabled if your library has imported cue tracks.

If you are speaking about converting imported cue tracks to separate track files, it does not work if you have MC set to update the library in the conversion options. The Playback range field is not emptied as it should. The resulting converted files in the library will be unplayable (except the first track because its playback range is still valid). The only way to fix this is to import the files as new library entries after renaming them or changing the file location outside MC.

MC 12 is finally able to correctly convert cue tracks to separate track files and also tag the resulting files. However, this playback range bug has not been fixed.

Is this a known issue?

I don't know. :)

I discovered the problem and reported it a few months ago, but I don't think anyone has mentioned it since then. I hope it will be fixed in the next MC version.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

JONCAT

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 02:09:44 pm »

If you are speaking about converting imported cue tracks to separate track files, it does not work if you have MC set to update the library in the conversion options. The Playback range field is not emptied as it should. The resulting converted files in the library will be unplayable (except the first track because its playback range is still valid). The only way to fix this is to import the files as new library entries after renaming them or changing the file location outside MC.

This is what occurred when I had all the imported cue tracks in the conversion cue. I don't have many cue files (just one 170CD box set), so I sort of forgot about them.

I'll try fix them up as you describe...and thanks!

DC

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 02:22:41 pm »

In any case it should work fine if you just untick the "update database" converter option and import the new splitted track ape files separately.

Edit

-- I mean "untick before conversion".

If you already converted a big amount of files you need to do as I said and move them outside MC before importing.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up